Memory Care Director
Oakmont of Fresno is a premier senior community situated on a beautifully landscaped campus. Developed by Oakmont Senior Living, Fresno provides exceptional quality, comfort, and care with five-star services and amenities. Residents enjoy a rewarding lifestyle with the individualized comprehensive support that promotes continuing independence.
The Memory Care Director is responsible for coordination of all resident care, activity programming and staffing of Memory Care services throughout the community, which includes Connections (early memory loss) and Traditions (middle to late stage memory loss) programs. The Memory Care Director will provide input related to pre-admission assessments and decision-making, reassessments and care plans. The Memory Care Director will liaison with hospital personnel, physicians, community organizations (to include the local Alzheimer’s Association Chapter) and other health related service agencies to provide services to the residents, support to families and training to staff on an ongoing basis.
Why you should choose a career with Oakmont:
- 401K Retirement Plan and Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Scholarship program
- Emergency Family Fund
- Career Growth Opportunities and Years of Service Awards
- Relocation and Travel Opportunities
- Vacation Days, Personal Time, Holiday Pay and Sick Leave
- Communicate with community healthcare professionals, including physicians, discharge planners, nurses and state agencies on the care needs of residents as needed.
- Assist the Health Services Director in coordinating incidental medical, dental, vision, hearing and podiatry care for residents and arrange resident escorts as needed.
- Provide input to Health Services Director regarding Memory Care resident pre-admission assessments and reassessments.
- Provide care staff with copies of the most current resident service plans and staff tasks sheets and monitor to ensure services are provided and documented according to company policy.
- Interview potential residents and families and obtain medical records and other requirements as outlined in Title 22 for an admission to the community.
- Observe residents and collect data pertinent to resident care on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in weekly service plan meeting and arrange for staff input for reassessments. Communicate care fee changes to responsible party as needed.
- Complete thorough documentation in resident chart on an ongoing basis according to company policy and state regulations.
- Review and monitor staff use of the Shift Report daily and participate in change of shift meeting to communicate pertinent information regarding resident care needs.
- Prefer two (2) years’ experience working with persons with dementia
- Prefer one (1) year experience supervising and managing employees
- Able to obtain valid Residential Care Facility for the Elderly (RCFE) license
- Able to effectively teach/train staff
- Able to safely operate standard household equipment (dishwasher, iron, vacuum, washer, dryer)
- Able to operate a personal computer and be proficient in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Able to operate standard office equipment, including fax machine, copier, telephone, etc.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to learn the theory and practice of assisted living and dementia care
- Able to work with seniors and patiently interact with cognitively impaired individuals
- Able to be flexible, adapt and respond to change, make decisions in stressful situations and prioritize tasks and projects
About Oakmont: Oakmont Senior Living is a recognized leader in the retirement industry, having planned and developed more than 50 retirement communities in the western United States. Oakmont strives to create an atmosphere of family and community among staff, residents and resident family members. We know that caring and meaningful relationships are the foundation for a rewarding life. Our belief and our mission are to treat each member of our community with respect and compassion. Our staff is hand-selected for their skills, previous experience, and passion for working with the elderly. Our practice is to incorporate joy and laughter alongside our expectations of excellence. Walk into our community and feel our pride in ownership and commitment to service.
EEOC: Oakmont Management Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, family medical history or genetic information, military status, or unfavorable discharge from military service. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including any recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.