|Title||Mental Health Assistant|
|Department||E2 Inpatient Psych|
|Job Group||Medical Support|
|Employment Type||Casual/On Call|
|Hours Per Pay Period||0|
|Shift Length||8 Hours|
|Mandatory Call Requirement||None|
|Mandatory Wknd Requirement||Weekends As Needed|
|Description||The Mental Health Assistant assists the care team in providing supportive, comforting and customer-focused care to customers and families. The focus is on collaborative and delegated Mental Health Assistant functions as described in standards and competencies specific to the scope of practice described by the Minnesota Board of Nursing and MHA Certification regulations. The Mental Health Assistant receives direction and collaborates with the care team to meet the defined goals of the customer, shift, department and organization. Communication with the health care team related to progress, concerns, questions or problems that arise are an essential element of the role.|
Unit/Department Specific (if applicable)
Skills list: See supporting information available in Policy/Procedure # NA0002 - Patient Assignment
• High School graduate or equivalent required.
• Minimum 2 years collegiate work required. Course work in behavioral sciences preferred.
• Previous psych-related work experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proficiency in oral and written English sufficient to perform the essential functions of the position.
• Skill in basic computer operations.
|License Requirement||• Current BLS certification or completion of American Heart Association or Red Cross program during the orientation period - NMHC Standard|
• Current certification as a Nursing Assistant in the State of Minnesota - NMHC Preferred
|Additional Requirements||Preference will be given to those who have previous acute care MHA experience.|