Under the supervision of the Director of Behavioral Health, the Mental Health Clinician shall provide the Department of Corrections, Central Detention Facility, Health Services Division, comprehensive medical care as delineated by UHC. The Mental Health Clinician is responsible for providing comprehensive social work services within the DC Corrections Mental health Unit.
- Conducts comprehensive Psych-Social evaluation on inmates admitted to the Mental Health unit within 24 hours of admission.
- Coordinates an individualized treatment plan in concert with the treatment team for inmates.
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan for each inmate, linking inmates with Core Services Agencies under contract with Department of Mental Health, and linking inmates with health care provider.
- Identifies community-based resources and family-based resources for each inmate and includes within the Discharge Plan.
- Applies for and assists the inmate in applying for Identification cards, Health insurance, medication assistance, and other income assistance programs.
- Provides psychotherapy services both individual and group within the Unit.
- Communicates with the Provider team & Correction officers assigned to the Unit.
- Documents services based on related policies and procedures.
- Tracks and maintains data on services provided as required by related policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Expert knowledge of Mental health Diagnosis based on DSM IV TR.
- Working knowledge of psycho-pharmacology.
- Expert knowledge of psychotherapy techniques.
- Working knowledge of substance abuse treatment modalities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· MSW, LPC, LICSW, LGSW degree from an accredited school.
· LPC, LICSW, LGSW –DC license.
· 3 years of post-graduate experience in psychiatric social work setting.
- The Mental Health Clinician does not have any direct reports.
The Mental Health Clinician abides by all rules and regulations set forth by applicable licensing and regulatory bodies, as well as UHC policies and procedures.
The position of Mental Health Clinician requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organizational relationships that may be part of the work of this individual.
Some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items such as books and paper is required.
The Mental Health Clinician's work involves everyday risks and discomforts, which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training room, and other UHC Health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated.
· Must be physically able to sit, stand, and walk for long periods of time. Must be able to bend, lift, and carry files from one location to another.
· Must have visual acuity and the ability to differentiate colors, and sustain long periods of computer usage.
· May sit for prolonged periods of time at a desk or in an automobile and/or may use the telephone for long periods of time.
· The office environment may be stressful with multiple, time-sensitive tasks to be accomplished within a short period of time.
· Must be able to work any time of the day, independently with minimal supervision, be capable of making sound business and decisions, and be detail oriented, alert and self-motivated.
· Must be able to effectively manage difficult situations, staff and customers.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT FACTS
Although the position is assigned a specific shift, this position may be assigned alternate shifts to address the needs of Unity Health Care.
The position involves everyday risk and discomforts, which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meetings, training rooms, and other UHC health Care Sites. The work area is adequately lit, heated, and ventilated. The position requires contact with staff at all levels throughout the organization. There are also external organization relationships that may be a part of the work of this individual. All medical services shall be provided according to medically accepted community standards of care. The employee shall provide evidence of a recent (within the past twelve (12) months) health assessment that includes a PPD and/or chest x-ray results.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.