Community Services Group (CSG) is recruiting for Mental Health (MH) Direct Support Specialists in Lancaster County. We are looking for caring, motivated self-starters who are interested in assisting adults in our Mental Health Services' Community Residential Rehabilitation (CRR) Program navigate their own mental health recovery.
Join our Team and enjoy a rewarding career while promoting personal growth and enhancing the lives of the people we serve. MH Direct Support Specialist (DSS) positions are great opportunities for those interested in gaining experience in the mental health field. They also offer the opportunity to start or grow your human services career at CSG.
At CSG, MH Direct Support Specialists (DSS) have the opportunity to work directly with individuals with mental health diagnoses to teach life skills so that they may live a fully integrated life. They assist in the development of appropriate social, money management, housekeeping, hygiene, dietary and other skills that are necessary for living independently in the community. They participate in the development and implementation of each individual's treatment plan while assisting in the management of the symptoms of their mental illness. They also assist in the daily operation and cleaning of the residence to maintain a healthy and safe environment.
Hourly Rate: $12.75 per hour
Location: Columbia, PA
- Full-Time (40 hrs/wk) (Week 1: M-F 1p-9p and Week 2: Tu-Sa 1p-9p)
- Full-Time & PRN (Flexible) Weekday (Afternoon/Evening), Overnight (Awake/Asleep) & Weekend Hours available.*
* Schedule availability will vary.
Medical Insurance & Benefits: CSG offers a complete Medical Insurance (medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage) and Benefits Package (Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K, Life Insurance, Paid Training, Career Advancement, and more) for those who qualify!
Core Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists individuals to adjust to life as an independent member of the community.
- Assists individuals where applicable in the management of the symptoms of their mental illness and establish their own recovery plan.
- Assists individuals with medication management.
- Updates and completes all daily, weekly, and monthly records, reports, logs, progress notes, location reports, and medical records in a timely fashion.
- Communicates and cooperates with on-site team, individual's family, involved agencies, and the community in providing relevant information when needed and applicable.
- Supervises and/or completes all duties and responsibilities in the daily operation of the residence.
- Conducts fire drills and manages emergency situation during assigned work shift.
- Adheres to Department of Public Welfare Regulatory requirements.
- Encourages that individuals adhere to all dietary guidelines.
- Maintains the physical environment in a manner that ensures a healthy and safe environment.
- Participates in the development and implementation of each individual's Support/Recovery Plan.
- Transport individuals to services/appointment in personal or CSG cars/vans and assists individuals in and out of vehicles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be successful, DSSs must be flexible, dependable, up to handling challenging situations and committed to those in our services. They must also be able to effectively communicate and cooperate with their team members, the individual's family, involved agencies, and the community.
DSSs are the Heart and Soul of our MH Residential Services!
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must be available to work flexible hours outside of regular scheduled hours and travel to other local programs to meet individual's and program's needs.
- Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle to attend trainings, meetings, and/or transport individual to services/appointments in personal or CSG cars or vans.
- Must have the ability to obtain clearances as defined by regulations.
Those pursuing or with a bachelor's degree in human services, such as psychology, social work, human development and family services, criminal justice or another related human services major are encouraged to apply. Mental health experience is preferred but not required.
Since 1972, CSG has aspired to help people reach their highest potential through an effective, efficient and innovative system of care. Our team of professionals focuses on our Core Values of Dignity, Diversity, Responsibility, Integrity and Excellence while providing person-centered, community based services. As one of the largest human services agencies in PA, CSG strives to be the provider and employer of choice. At CSG, you will get to make a difference everyday while gaining the skills and opportunities you deserve. Use your creativity and compassion to assist others to experience life to its fullest!
To APPLY or learn more about this and all open positions at CSG, please visit csgonline.org and click on Join our Team
A World of Career Opportunities Awaits You at CSG! Together, We Can Do Great Things!
Community Services Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Workforce Diversity.