Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40-years of innovation and experience in the industry.
Our people, our practices and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Mental Health Professional to join our healthcare team at the St. Clair County Jail, Port Huron, MI.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Mental Health Professional
Mental Health Professionals will be involved in working with all disciplines in the Mental Health Unit to attain effectiveness in serving the patient population.
- Performs individual and group therapeutic interventions as appropriate.
- Performs administrative consultations for specialized social services as determined by the specific needs of the Institution.
- Perform specific psychiatric social service work on the Mental Health Unit of a Correctional Facility.
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives of programs and projects. May direct special projects as requested.
- Participates in and conducts in-service programs, as well as assists in the orientation of new staff.
- Provides the necessary preparation of documentation, necessary records and reports.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Mental Health Professional
- Graduation from a Master's level program in mental health services.
- Minimum of two years employment in a social work capacity in a public or private agency or equivalent.
- Must receive a satisfactory background investigation report.