Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
We are currently seeking a Licensed Mental Health Professional to join our First Episode Psychosis team. This full time role will primarily work days with the expectation of working at least one evening shift per week (until 8 PM) on either Tuesday or Thursday. This role works with individuals who have recently developed a schizophrenia spectrum illness. Will perform individual therapy, group therapy, family education, and work on a multidisciplinary team. Bilingual (Spanish) skills preferred but not required. This is a grant funded role currently approved through September 30, 2021 (with pursuing opportunity of an additional 5 years).
There are two total open roles.
Under general supervision, a mental health professional will provide direct mental health services including screening, diagnostic assessment, psychoeducation, and psychotherapy services with persons living with mental illness; evaluate care and programming; and develop programming as needed
- Participate in multidisciplinary care team rounds
- Provide mental health services including initial and ongoing screening, diagnostic assessment, treatment planning (including regular updates), psychoeducation, psychotherapy services, crisis services, referrals, and discharge/termination planning
- Complete necessary documentation for accurate and timely billing of clinical services provided
- Provide psychoeducation to patients, families, and community organizations as needed
- Provide care coordination including discharge/termination planning
- Provide on-call phone coverage for patient coaching as required
- Provide clinical supervision to graduate-level mental health practitioners in compliance with HHS and regulatory guidelines (e.g., licensing boards, state regulations, etc.)
- Assist in maintaining standards of accreditation by health management organizations and state licensure/certification
- Other duties as assigned
- Meet criteria for “Mental Health Professional” as defined in MN statute
- Master’s degree in a behavioral health field
- Experience providing psychotherapy groups and experience working with persons living with mental illness and addiction
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to counsel and instruct patients and families
- Ability to recognize and document patient progress
- Ability to work cooperatively with other members of the multidisciplinary clinical team
- Ability to interact effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds including ability to deal objectively with individuals whose attitudes and behaviors differ from her/his own
- Ability to read and interpret written instructions, patient charts, and physicians' notes
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures in an advisory capacity
- Ability to use computer systems, including electronic medical records, along with working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, etc.)
- Must be a licensed Mental Health Professional per MN statute – LMFT, LICSW or LPCC
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.