POSITION SUMMARY: The Mental Health Program Supervisor will be responsible for the direct supervision, and training of all 3rd shift staff within the residential unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide direct supervision to all 3rd shift staff within the assigned residential setting
* Ensure the provision of treatment services to each resident according to the treatment plan
* Ensure the appropriate maintenance of the residence adhering to applicable health and safety standards
* Attend necessary meetings relative to client treatment services as directed by supervisor.
* Make recommendations to the Program Director regarding new service needs, programmatic changes, quality of care and documentation
* Develop and maintain professional, therapeutic relationships with all clients, families, outside agencies, and supervisors
* Provide clinical support in assisting clients in meeting needs of community integration
* Develop and implement all manner of training and in-service to 3rd shift staff
* Maintain all 3rd shift staff in-service records
* Implement all procedures regarding record keeping for residents
* Advocate for maximum social, academic, emotional, and vocational opportunities for residents
* Ensure all safety codes are followed and enforced
* Cooperate within an interdisciplinary team approach to ensure quality programming
* Develop and nurture relationships with resident families
* Develop and nurture relationships with outside social services agencies, and funding sources
* Work cooperatively with other Elwyn management staff to meet overall Elwyn objectives
* Work closely with Unit Manager regarding program concerns
* Process time and attendance for payroll for all 3rd shift employee
* Provide quality improvement data as assigned
* Make recommendations for key personnel functions involving recruitment, hiring, discipline, and discharge practices
* Provide on-call as needed
* Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), crisis intervention and medication administration using agency-trained protocols
* Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Program Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Mental Health Program Specialists
CONTACTS: Residents, staff, funding sources, DPW, Social Security, other social services agencies, Base Service Units, families, county representatives and advocacy groups.
* Bachelor's degree in a human service field; Master's degree preferred
* Two years in the mental health field
* One year of supervisory experience preferred
* Knowledge and experience in clinical assessment, diagnosis, and evaluation of mental health consumers using the current DSM
* Experience with drug and alcohol population is helpful
* Strong background in behavior modification
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
* Must be able to perform CPR and crisis intervention techniques using agency-trained protocols
* Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated intermediate experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, three (3) years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist below which represents the general physical demands and environment conditions to which the employee holding this position must meet, in addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Elwyn will engage otherwise qualified candidates for this position whose disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to enable an individual to perform the essential functions.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law. #mon
be aware that there are now 2 jobs using this job code and title but there are 2 sets of requirements (one is HS level and the other is Bachelor's which is required for the RTF-A program.) Thanks.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
$25,741 - $34,470 /year
Mental Health / Behavioral Counselor
Mental Health / Behavioral Counselor
What this is