- Clear and unrestricted license
- Up to date immunization record
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Master’s Degree in Nursing
Postion and Duty Requirements
- Psychiatric Registered Nurse (RN) (SIN 621-025) 1.0 FTE: The behavioral health unit serves veteran with varying degrees of mental illness and co-morbidities requiring medical and psychiatric Nurses will be accountable clinically for ensuring that nursing care complies with accepted standards of care and clinical practice. Nurses will use judgment in assessing, planning, implementing, documenting and evaluating patient care of Veterans within an inpatient setting where mental and behavioral health diseases requires close monitoring and at times, quick intervention. Coordinates and implements patient care specific to the age of the patient population served on the unit. The Nurse functions both dependently and independently with guidance and direction from the Nurse Manager/designee. Nurses must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Experienced and qualified psychiatric Registered Nurses are required to provide additional staffing for the inpatient psychiatric unit at the Montorose VAMC. All registered nurses shall have at least two years recent experience in inpatient behavioral health, and be familiar with the Recovery Model.
- Educational Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or a Master’s Degree in Nursing. Contract nurses are preferred to have a certification in psychiatric/mental health in nursing accredited through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- A current CPR/BLS certificate by the American Heart Asociation is required.
Place of Performance: Contractor shall furnish nursing and nursing support services at:
Montrose VA Medical Center
2094 Albany Post Road
Montrose, NY 10458
Castle Point VA Medical Center
41 Castle Point Road
Wappingers, NY 12590
HOURS OF OPERATION
- VA Business Hours: 24/7, including weekends and Federal Holidays.
- Work Schedule: Contractor will be required to provide nursing and nursing support staff to perform services at HVHCS. The following schedule applies:
RN – Mental Health
7:30A – 8:00P
Rotating, Weekends, FH, 14 day,
Contractor will have a ½ hour unpaid break each shift.
- There may be occasional overtime, pre-approved, at the discretion of the Nurse Manager.
- The VA will provide shift confirmations to the contractor and contract staff 14 days in advance.
- Contract staff will be scheduled to work on Federal Holidays.
- Contractors will work 8am – 430pm on a weekday during their initial Orientation. Typically initial Orientation lasts 2 days. Upon completion of initial Orientation, contractor will continue to be oriented on the assisgned unit according to their scheduled shifts.
- Up to one (1) day of uncompensated scheduled absence is allowed per FTE position per month. Absence shall be scheduled with the COR at least 30 days prior to each occurrence. Unscheduled absences shall be called in to the COR within the first two (2) hours of each duty day that the contract personnel is unable to work.
Eskridge & Associates, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. Eskridge & Associates will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.