Corizon Health is the pioneer provider of correctional healthcare in the United States.
We are a company built on more than 40 years of innovation and expertise in the industry.
Our people, our practices, and our commitment to success are the traits that make us the ideal employer as you begin or continue to advance your correctional healthcare career.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a part-time, Mental Health Registered Nurse to join our healthcare team at Maryville Treatment Center located in Maryville, MO. This is a dayshift position, working 20 hrs a week with a flexible schedule, but working a full day on Wednesdays.
- Coordinates based on Corizon¿s goals, objectives, aims and philosophy, according to the applicable standards and contractual obligations.
- Utilizes therapeutic communication skills and effective interview techniques to elicit pertinent historical information and make appropriate referral as required.
- Makes referrals to the appropriate health care provider in a timely manner based on diagnostic tests, labs, and nursing diagnosis.
- Contacts psychiatrist for medication orders as necessary to ensure medication continuity of care.
- Administers medication in a safe and efficient manner consistent with prescribed orders, mouth checks, and established standards.
- Screens patients with mental health problems in an immediate manner and makes appropriate referrals as required.
- Participates in training of facility personnel on mental health required training per NCCHC and ACA standards
- Performs related work as required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in state of employment
- At least three (3) years of professional mental health nursing experience
Corrections experience a plus, but not required
- Crisis intervention experience preferred
- Strong nursing assessment and communication skills
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
Corizon Health. Category:Healthcare, Keywords:Psychiatric Nurse, Location:Maryville, MO-64468
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status. EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans