Newport Healthcare is a series of evidence-based healing centers for adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With locations across the United States, Newport Healthcare offers a family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized, and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat individuals, ages 12–18, who are experiencing depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming, therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Healthcare nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists, therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers, teachers, and more.
Empowering Lives. Restoring Families.®
This position has become available due to expansion and growth.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide supervision for our clients and to ensure their safety while building a rapport with them. This includes providing assistance to each client in working with a group and in handling individual problems; responsibility for setting of limits for behavior; creating documentation of the clients progress; identifying the possible need for professional services and communications of such findings to professional staff.
*This position does offer pay increases at 6 months and 1 year based on performance. Part-time and full-time shifts available 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am (3rd shift differential).
- Responsible for being aware of where all assigned residents are and what they are doing at all times. When assigned to a one-to-one with a client, the requirement is to have eyes on the client at all times during the assigned period. If observing a client leaving the premises, the expectation is to follow them until further assistance can be provided.
- Facilitate residential daily schedule including participating in, and providing support to residents, to include but not limited to, activities such as chores, deep clean of designated space, meal service, laundry service, groups, activities, and events.
- Provide transportation to residents for community outings and meetings in company vehicle in a safe and legal manner.
- Practice compliance with all policies, record keeping requirements, checklist assignments, assigned documentation, and any other assigned duties.
- Remain current and up to date on all trainings and certifications required to maintain employment with Newport Academy.
- H.S. Degree or GED required; bachelor’s level degree in psychology, counseling or sociology preferred.
- Prior work experience in other behavioral health treatment settings with adolescents a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be eligible for insurance coverage for driving the company’s vehicles.
Newport Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.