Eagleville Hospital is currently hiring Full-time Mental Health Tech for Evening Shift
- Assists the nurse and treatment team in providing a safe and supportive environment which promotes patient rehabilitation
- Participates in nursing shift report for full update on status of patients
- Responds to medical and psychiatric emergencies and assists in the management of behavioral emergencies utilizing nonviolent crisis interventions
- Is available for discussions with individual patients as needed
- Assists with basic nursing procedures including personal hygiene as needed (bed bath, showers, dressing, measuring intake and output etc.), vital signs, weights, observation of urine specimen collection, transporting and lifting patients, and care of psychiatric patients
- Searches new admissions, both patient and belongings, and provides patient orientation to unit and hospital with appropriate corresponding documentation and signatures
- Is available for transporting charts, mail, food trays, unit supplies, Hospital correspondence, phone coverage and unit relief
- Supervises patients on 1:1 and special precautions, and documents
- Makes hourly rounds of assigned unit, observing every patient every hour, documenting his/her location on hourly rounds record form, utilizing required procedure. Accounts for and documents presence of all patients on unit every hour
- Drives and/or escorts patients off grounds to appointments, meetings, etc., as needed
These positions would include every other weekend, and the shifts are 2:45 p.m. to 11:15 p.m.
- 24 credit Certification in Behavior Health required, Associate degree or 60 college credits completed in a Bachelor level program preferred.
- Current enrolled Nursing students with the completion of 1 semester of clinical rotation will be considered.
- Experience with drug/alcohol or psychiatric patients preferred
- Must have a valid Pennsylvania driver's license
- Should be able to handle occasional heavy lifting and regular medium lifting to assist with transporting items such as patient belongings, supplies and equipment
- Extensive walking and standing while performing job duties is required
- Ability to climb a minimum of three flights of stairs
- Must have good oral and written communication skills
- CPR is required within 120 days of hire
Eagleville Hospital, located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is a private non-profit organization dedicated to the treatment, education, and prevention of substance abuse, co-occurring disorders, and acute psychiatric disorders. The hospital serves as a regional resource for the treatment and prevention of alcohol and drug abuse, as well as a national resource for training and research for addiction and related conditions. The hospital also houses an older adult unit and a 16-bed acute psychiatric unit.