Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of people – our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented, compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to “Always Do The Right Thing!”
The Mental Health Technician is an entry-level position that learns to provide direct care to a specific patient population under the direction and supervision of licensed nursing staff and their designees. This position provides standard and routine psychiatric and medical nursing assistance services as part of the overall plan of care and within the standards and policies and procedures of the facility.
***Must Have an active CPI (Crises Prevention and Intervention) Certification for this role***
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One (1) year direct care experience in a mental health setting.
- Learns to assist licensed nursing personnel in providing direct services to the assigned population including suicide watch observation; observations of behaviors and activities of daily living; assistance with activities of daily living including prompting, education and support; specific assignments such as face checks, monitoring, one to one’s, groups and other direct care duties as assigned.
- Monitoring of patients placed on suicide watch.
- Takes and records vital signs and documents information in medical record of patient.
- May participate in specific treatment interventions such as coping skills, anger management, and other self-regulating behavior.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge regarding therapeutic communication and psychiatric recovery and rehabilitation skills.
- Continues professional development through in-service education, workshops, conferences and self-study necessary to maintain current knowledge applicable to the position.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer