Night Shift, 11:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., 32 hrs/week, every other weekend.
Havenwyck Hospital is a 243 bed, Joint Commission accredited and licensed psychiatric and substance abuse facility. We specializing in providing behavioral health and substance abuse treatment and are located in Auburn Hills overlooking Lake Galloway. For more information, please visit our website at havenwyckhospital.com.
Mission Statement: To provide individualized, quality behavioral health care, in a safe and secure environment where dignity and respect are upheld by our team of dedicated, caring, professional staff, in a cost-effective manner.
- Challenging and rewarding, team-based work environment
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
Havenwyck Hospital is part of one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America’s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
What do our current Mental Health Technicians value at UHS?
An environment that puts patient care first. One of the most rewarding aspects of working as a Mental Health Technician is providing excellent care, comfort, and security to patients and families you treat, at their most vulnerable times. Having the opportunity to grow, learn, and advance in your career. There are very robust continuing education options and opportunities for leadership development as a Mental Health Technician with UHS. Supportive and responsive leadership. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Havenwyck Hospital is seeking a dynamic and talented Mental Health Technician to join our team of compassionate, dedicated professionals.
The Mental Health Technician performs routine patient care duties under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assists with patient admissions, discharges and transfers.
- Reports patient medical problems to the Registered Nurse.
- Reports alterations in sensory perceptual images, recognizing the differences between illusions, delusions and hallucinations. Monitors safety issues regarding these patients and takes action, when indicated, to prevent patient harm. Communicates these issues to the Registered Nurse.
- Remains in patient care areas whenever possible to assist patients and visitors.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living and encourages independent behavior with appropriate interventions on a daily basis.
- Provides care to patients in a manner that considers safety, patients’ rights, comfort and a therapeutic environment.
- Identifies verbal and non-verbal cues for potential aggressive behaviors and uses the necessary intervention to de-escalate the patient appropriately.
- Represents the facility in a manner that conveys a professional, courteous, caring, and cooperative attitude.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Prefer a minimum of two years of college in areas of psychology, social work, mental health, and other related health fields.
- Experience in dealing with the emotionally disturbed preferred.
- Employees must be in good standing (employment/corrective action history, evaluation, etc.) to be considered for internal transfers.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to “UHS or UHS facilities” on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms “we,” “us,” “our” or “the company” in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services’ subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via- email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means .