Responsibilities & Requirements
- The Mental Health Technician functions as a member of the treatment team and performs specific patient care and program duties.
- Work involves responsibility for program implementation as per program document and patient care including observation, protection, and charting provision of personal care according to direction of the registered nurse.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a therapeutic environment for patients. Work is performed in accordance with established program documents, policies, procedures, rules, and regulations of the hospital and the department.
Applicants Must Have:
- An Associate’s Degree in Mental Health Tech or equivalent years of work experience in the Mental Health field is required.
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Bachelors degree in psychology, sociology, or other related field is preferred.