Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Variable
Must planto train in Akron for 2 - 3 months during the week (M-Fri). Mileagewould be paid.
The Licensed Social Worker/ LicensedProfessional Clinical Counselor will work in the Psychiatric IntakeResponse Center (PIRC), a 24/7 intake center as a member of the PIRC team totriage and assess intake calls received from families and community referralsources.
- Will conduct a preliminary diagnostic assessment over the telephone to assess the need for services for children and adolescents seeking psychiatric and psychological services.
- Will apply crisis intervention skills when indicated, and determine formally the need for a referral to the Emergency Department or a more suitable community agency.
- Will conduct the face-to-face comprehensive diagnostic assessment in the Emergency Department in order to maximize continuity of care with the family.
- Will consult and collaborate with hospital and community professionals and programs in order to provide the most appropriate referral for the client and his/her family.
- Will provide competent social work clinical services to individuals, families, and community partners.
- Will develop and communicate an individualized treatment plan for patients including psycho-social interventions, referrals to other services, and recommendations for follow-up.
***$2,000.00 sign-on bonus offered***
LPCCand a Master's Degree in Counseling from a CACREP accredited program (Councilfor Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) or a relatedfield or LISW with Master's Degree in Social Work from accredited Social Workacademic program (Accredited by the Council on Social Work Education)
Minimumof one (1) year related experience required. Past clinical experience ina setting with adolescents, families and groups preferred. Strongcommunication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and organizational skillsrequired. Computer skills are required.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: