PURPOSE: This position assesses, diagnoses, and treats older adults with Medicare only insurance. This position will also provide services to a population experiencing mental health and behavioral issues in an outpatient and community setting. This includes collaboration and/or consultation with care providers and Licensed Medical Professionals (LMP).
- Requires LCSW or Licensed Psychologist and will practice a Medicare clinical model of therapy.
- Requires access to a car and valid driver's license.
- More than 1 year experience in broad range of clinical interventions and mental health assessment specific to medically vulnerable population.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct an assessment, including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, alcohol and other drug use, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, social and working relationships and conducting a mental status examination; complete a five-axis DSM diagnosis; write and supervise the implementation of an Individual Service and Support Plan; and provide individual, family and/or group therapy within the scope of their training.
- Demonstrated knowledge of treatment methods for individual, family and group therapy to address chemical dependency and/or mental health problems
- Demonstrated ability to maintain case management.
- Compliance with federal and state confidentiality rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of community resources and treatment agencies enabling appropriate referrals for specific client needs.
- Knowledge of medications commonly used by client population.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word. Ability to master proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community.
LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law.
www.lifeworksnw.org Drug Free/Tobacco Free Site 01/09