Hennepin Healthcare is an integrated system of care that includes HCMC, a nationally recognized Level I Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center and acute care hospital. The comprehensive healthcare system includes a 484 bed academic medical center, a large outpatient Clinic & Specialty Center, and a network of primary and specialty care clinics in Minneapolis and in suburban communities. Hennepin Healthcare has a large psychiatric program, home care and hospice, and operates a research institute, innovation center and philanthropic foundation.
- Provides patient care to inpatients or patients in the psychiatric emergency department of HCMC under supervision of nursing staff; therapeutic 1:1, evaluates, intervenes, and reports to and works with nursing staff to follow individualized patient care plans
- Participates in planning and implementing treatment team recommendations concerning individual and group patient programming
- Follows the problem-oriented method for patient charting or reporting on behaviors observed; Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe treatment setting
- Provides patient care with ADL’s
- Maintains an organized and clean milieu
- Provides milieu support to patients and nursing staff
- May provide patient care activities and clerical activities
- Performs related work as required, but only after appropriate training
- One year experience providing direct patient care services in a psychiatric or mental health setting
- Relevant college coursework in the social or behavioral sciences and/or approved demonstrated skills and ability to care for acutely mentally ill individuals
- An approved equivalent combination of training, experience and education that may include experience such as working as an HCA/ NA; nursing student; or group home experience
- One year of related experience in a similar healthcare environment (behavioral health, nursing)
- Actively enrolled in or a graduate of a two-year or four-year behavioral health or registered nursing program
- Training in (or willingness to learn) motivational interviewing techniques
Knowledge/ Skills/ Abilities:
- Ability to de-escalate sometimes stressful patient situations
- Knowledge of motivational interviewing skills and techniques
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to support and provide patient and family centered care in a team environment
- Ability to meet the diverse needs of the patient population(s) being served
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin Healthcare for your employment. We offer a wealth of opportunities for individuals who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to both current and prospective employees. We are driven to connect talented individuals with life-changing career opportunities, enabling you to provide exceptional care without exception. Thank you for considering Hennepin Healthcare as a future employer.
Please Note: Offers of employment from Hennepin Healthcare are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background checks and pre-employment requirements.