Mental Health Worker, Inpatient Psychiatry - PT Evening (Westchester)Job Number:002OZ0
Description-Assists the staff with the implementation of the treatment program by performing delegated tasks under the direct guidance and supervision of a Registered Nurse as part of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Provides direct patient care under the supervision of a staff RN to include: all Activities of Daily Living, such as cleanliness, toileting, nourishment, and grooming. Also includes routine bedmaking, showering of patients, changes of clothing and use of lift equipment as necessary.
- Reports ADL and monitoring issues promptly to the RN.
- Observes and reports changes in behavior, sleep patterns, and condition of the patients.
- Provides age-specific care to the adult and geriatric patient population.
- Performs assigned tasks including but not limited to vital signs, accu-checks, collection of routine specimens, and transporting patients to treatments and/or diagnostic testing within the hospital.
- Documents in the electronic record or paper record on assigned patients.
- Provides guidance to patient and family members.
- Monitors all patient activity. Announces group time and visiting hours, performs hallchecks, observes patients on CA and in restraints under the supervision of the RN if applicable.
- Assists the RN with location and/or prompting patients to go to the medication room for their routine medications.
- Assures that the unit remains safe at all times by coordinating hallchecks with the monitoring of the dayroom, common areas and nursing station with coworkers.
- Assists the implementation of the treatment program by performing delegated tasks under the direct guidance and supervision of a Registered Nurse.
- Directs visitors to the nurses station, examines bags for contraband, redirects visitors to the dayroom and monitors patient/ visitor activity.
- Assists with the admission, discharge, and transfer of patients.
- Monitors patient use of laundry facility to ensure safety.
- Assists in creating and maintaining a therapeutic environment in an effective manner during interactions with both patients and staff.
- Participates in unit-based performance improvement plan.
- Collaborates with the treatment team in formulating and implementing patient treatment.
- Assists in the orientation and training of newly hired Mental Health Workers.
- May be appointed to participate in the CPI training program as a certified trainer by the Nurse Manager/Coordinator.
- Performs related duties, as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Associates degree, preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in behavioral health, required.
- Excellent verbal Communication skills, required.
- Computer literate, familiarity with data entry, required.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English, required.
Finance Job Family:SVC_AR
Primary Location:Westchester County-Tarrytown-Phelps Memorial
Shift Begin Time-Shift End Time:3:00 PM-11:30 PM
Job Level:Team Member