As a national leader in the construction industry, Suffolk is redefining what it means to build. We challenge the status quo every day by gathering the people, innovations, and partnerships that can explore and go after new ways to do our jobs. Our focus on high-performing teams and technology translates to groundbreaking solutions for all industry sectors and phases of building. We provide value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging our core construction management services alongside vertical service lines, an approach that is revolutionizing the industry and making a permanent mark on the world of business. Join us for a thrilling experience that will energize you, challenge you, and propel your career.
Suffolk is a national enterprise that invests, innovates, and builds. We provide value throughout the entire project lifecycle by leveraging our core construction management services with vertical service lines that include real estate capital investment, design, self-perform construction services, technology start-up investment and innovation research and development. We have $4.5 billion in annual revenue, 2,400 employees, and main offices in Boston (headquarters), New York, Miami, West Palm Beach, Tampa, Estero, Dallas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego. We serve clients in every major industry sector, including health care, science and technology, education, gaming, transportation and aviation, and commercial. Suffolk is privately held and is led by founder, chairman and CEO John Fish. We’re ranked #23 on the Engineering News Record list of “Top 400 Contractors.” And we’re proud to be a certified 2020 “Great Place to Work.” For more information, visit www.suffolk.com and follow Suffolk on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram.
Suffolk is seeking people who are bold. Curious. Innovative. Caring. Looking for the career opportunity of a lifetime. We’ll challenge and inspire you to be your very best. We’ll embrace what makes you unique and lift you up as you take chances. Here, you’ll find a place where you can act with purpose and integrity, bringing intelligence and grit to every aspect of your job. Join us for the chance to leverage your inherent curiosity and proven capabilities to catapult you to the next level.
The MEP Estimator is responsible for all aspects of estimating including pre-construction, hard bids, negotiated bids, budgets, general conditions, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating.
- Leadership and Relationship Building.
- Ensure that the estimating process runs smoothly and efficiently and client expectations are exceeded throughout the duration of the project(s).
- Build relationships to understand client, designer and subcontractor needs and expectations.
- Effectively facilitate collaboration amongst team members.
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Manage Assistant Estimators.
- Periodically participate in business development activities, presentations and interviews.
- Lead the Estimating team including Assistant Estimators, MEP Estimators and Career Start team members on projects.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
- 10-15 years of experience in Estimating, or equivalent.
- Computer skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel spread sheets, and Word processing programs.
- Experience with estimating software such as Timberline, OST, MC2.
- Able to work with speed and efficiency.
- Understanding of the influence of market conditions on pricing.
- Actively participate as a team member.
- Work effectively with all colleagues and constituents.
- Possess and understand Suffolk’s core values, goals, and vision.
- Detail oriented.
- Time management skills.
- Sense of urgency and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Take ownership of projects/clients managing both up and down.
- Able to work with minimal direction.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to work with speed and efficiency.
- Able to anticipate issues, reactions, etc.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. Job site walking.
Suffolk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, national origin, citizenship, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, gender identity, age or any other status protected by law. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Suffolk will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination toward, or harassment of, applicants or employees by anyone at Suffolk, or anyone working on behalf of Suffolk