Primary Location:United States-North Dakota-GRAND FORKS-2901 32nd Ave South (0632)
Work Locations: 2901 32nd Ave South (0632)
If you’re both an animal lover and a peopleperson, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We’re looking forpeople with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience theirvery best lives together. When you join us, you’ll be part of a great team,working together to achieve sales goals while doing work you truly love.
Promotes and ensures the efficient and effective merchandising and inventory management operations of the store. Ensures all merchandise is accurately received, priced, stocked and backroom is maintained per Petco operational standards. Through the lens of our Petco Co-Values, ensures the health, welfare and proper care of all live animals. Helps ensure the store achieves the Petco established goals and metrics.
The incumbent must be able to consistently perform all the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ensures the health, proper handling and welfare of all animals according to policies and procedures, including completion of hourly animal check list and wellness cards.
- Adheres to Veterinary Protocol for all sick animals.
- Ensures 100% pricing accuracy, including verifying all pricing labels are posted and are accurate with regard to correct price and current offer date.
- Facilitates the unloading and stocking of merchandise according to operational guidelines and OSE standards.
- Ensures that the store is well-stocked and inventory counts are accurate.
- In partnership with Store Leader, ensures staffing levels are appropriate for receiving and processing stock.
- Ensures that the backroom and equipment is organized and maintained according to Operating Standards of Excellence.
- Prioritizes merchandise moving to sales floor and areas to be stocked, including POG and end cap sets.
- Perform routine housekeeping tasks to maintain the stores appearance and meet OSE standards.
- Ensures highest productivity levels are achieved for receiving, processing and stocking.
- Trains and develops partners on proper receiving, processing and stocking procedures, WMR and food rotation practices according to Petco standards.
- Abides by and enforces all company policies and procedures, including but not limited to those designed to minimize shrink.
- Ensures the facilitation and accuracy/integrity of the Blue Dot Program.
- Ensure that unforgivable items are in stock at all times.
- Ensures Return to Vendor and Hazardous Waste processed are managed per Petco policy.
- Communicates all situations and/or conditions that affect the store to the Guest Experience Leader and/or Store Leader (e.g. guest complaints, item requests, inadequate inventory levels,
- Performs all special or other projects as assigned and assume responsibility as Leader on Duty (LOD) as needed.
- Provides quick and courteous service to all guests by utilizing the GUEST+ Model throughout the store.
- Ensures that the store is opened and / or closed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Adheres to and promotes established safety procedures and maintenance of clean, safe and healthy environment for store partners, guests and animals.
- Performs activities to maintain a knowledge and understanding of Store Sales and Margin reports and data.
- Assists the Guest Experience Leader and/or Store Leader in planning out location changes needed to the grid and ad planner to maximize sales.
23. Directly supervises the Merchandise Operations Specialists.
24. Leads, provides feedback and coaches all store partners in providing quality service to satisfy the needs of Petco guests and in performing their assigned tasks
25. Provides training and coaching in GUEST+ Model and product knowledge to store partners
26.In partnership with the Store Leader and/or Guest Experience Leader, ensures proper store scheduling is maintained to ensure guest service during peak hours
27. Collaborates with store Partners to ensure an exceptional guest experience for all Omni-channel initiatives, to include but not limited to Instacart, Extended Aisle, and RepeatDelivery
28. Applies a talent management skill set within the scope of recruiting, hiring, training, work scheduling, coaching and succession planning.
29. In partnership with store leaders, recruits, hires and develops a team focus on building long-term guest relationships.
Leader On Duty Key Accountabilities
- Conducts and oversees hourly animal health checks to ensure the health and safety of all animals in the store.
- Ensures veterinary care/consultation is provided to all ill or injured animals in a timely manner (within 24 hours of being identified as ill or injured unless it is an emergency which requires immediate care).
- Verifies animal related maintenance tasks are being completed as outlined on the Maintenance Task List.
- Demonstrates and provides feedback and coaching on nutrition, Pals Rewards membership sign-up, Welcome to the Family and effective suggestive selling techniques for partners to increase sales. This bullet be listed as a Key Accountability.
- Provides training, feedback and coaching in GUEST+ engagement and product knowledge to store partners. This bullet should be listed as a Key Accountability.
- Ensures Petco standards are maintained throughout the store.
- Adheres to loss prevention policies.
- As assigned, supervises the daily activities of the Grooming Salon, Dog Training, Wellness Clinic, Guest Advisors, and all store partners while performing Leader on Duty responsibilities, to include Adoption Captain responsibilities.
- For CA leaders only, complete the CA Daily Inspection Report. This bullet should be listed as a Key Accountability.
- Facilitates all regulatory visits in accordance with policies and procedures. This bullet should be listed as a Key Accountability.
Directly supervise the Merchandise Operations Specialist. Complete performance evaluations for partners.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise receiving, merchandise carry-outs, or stock balancing will require leaving the store briefly. This position requires bending, kneeling, moving merchandise and standing for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs and pull 2000 lbs utilizing material handling equipment. Improper use of safety equipment and/or not following proper lifting techniques may pose of risk of injury to customers, pets, and store personnel. Follow all safety precautions and procedures.
Education and Experience
Minimum high school diploma (its equivalency i.e. GED) or the equivalent work experience. 5 years’ experience in a retail setting as an inventory leader, department leader, team lead or sales partner is preferred. Experience supervising partners, or demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales techniques, and analytical abilities is preferred. Experience supervising staff, demonstrating an aptitude for training, motivation and sales techniques, and analytical abilities is preferred.