The Merchandise Planner role is responsible for all aspects of pre-season and in season inventory investments and optimization for all Hanna Andersson owned and operated business channels (e-Commerce, Full Price Retail Stores and Outlet Stores). The Merchandise Planner is an exciting role that enables the right candidate to directly drive business results through portfolio management and data analytics. This role is a strategic partnership with the Merchant, Allocation and Finance organizations. The role will have accountability to deliver sales, gross margin and inventory turn plan via direct ownership of the Open to Buy, style level plans and in-season price optimization. The right candidate will also help to shape the future of the Merchandise Planning and Analytics process, tools and reporting.
• Own the development of division, department & class level plans that support the brand strategy
• Partner with merchandising to develop tops/down dept/class sales and inventory plans that align with division objectives
• Develop style-level sales and inventory plans
• Own bottoms-Up financial reconciliation of class to department
• Own OTB, sales and inventory forecasting, including assessing total risks and creating resolutions to achieve/exceed financial targets in collaboration with Director of Planning, Drive strategies to positively impact assortment and financials
• Own business recaps (week, month, quarterly) to inform short-term and long-term financial strategies/action plans
• Provide regular analysis of business trends, both pre-season and post-season, along with the appropriate actions that support effective inventory management and maximizes sales and margin and mitigate risk to all business partners
• Own recommending and executing in-season pricing strategies
• Drives business discussions and adjusts strategies to optimize inventory investments and maximize results
• Create and cultivate a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment
• Influence others, both functional and cross functional partners, to drive results
• Partner with the retail allocation team to position retail store inventory levels that support seasonal inventory strategies, maintain in-stock levels, and optimize inventory between the direct and retail channels
• Partner with the sourcing team and provide long-range forecasts and seasonal item forecasts in line with the production calendar to ensure product is ordered and produced to support product launches
• Collaborates on continual development and improvement of planning tools and processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain or equivalent experience in related discipline
• 3+ years prior planning experience; omni-channel and or retail environment preferred
• Excellent analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills and proficiency with retail math
• Proven track record in driving results via merchandise forecasting, planning and data analytics
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
• Demonstrated record of prioritizing, influencing and decision making at multiple levels in the organization
• Ability to use sales financial data to make decisions and maximize profitability
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven ability to build strong partnerships and influence others.
• Excellent analytical application skills (Excel, etc.) and desire to master new systems; productivity application skills (PowerPoint, Word)
• Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with tight deadlines
• An open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic Hanna family members.
• Comprehensive benefits package including dependent care/transit flex plans, adoption assistance, paid volunteer hours, and more.
• An awesome dog policy, occasional happy hours and a nice Hanna discount!
At Hanna, our vision is to be the premier children’s lifestyle brand. We will achieve this primarily through our enthusiastic associates who are customer-focused, innovative, results-oriented and comfortable working in a collaborative and growth-driven work environment.
We strive for a culture that is balanced – we work hard, but encourage our associates to maintain a healthy balance in their daily lives.
Hanna Andersson is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetics, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.