- A merchandising representative must manage his or her territory and act as a liaison on business activities.
- Gather strategic information for divisions, key account teams, vendors and corporate category managers.
- Communicating daily with Managers, and others on the Core-Mark team to quickly alert managers of critical customer issues.
- Merchandising key marketing programs which could include Dairy, Bread and Fresh products.
- Eliminating out-of-stocks and ensuring plan-o-gram compliance
- Capitalizing on secondary display opportunities
- Ensuring that products are properly faced, priced, and identified
- Ensuring promotional displays and POS has been utilized
- Completing appropriate administrative tasks
- Working safely, dressing professionally, and executing daily tasks in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Submitting time sheets and mileage reports in a timely manner.3
- Setting stores with consumer goods using Core-Mark schematics.
- Ensuring all products are displayed in the correct sales location according to store sets.
- Following up with customer needs and concerns in a timely manner, ensuring great customer service.
- Ensuring stock rotation (products are fresh and within date code parameters).
- Timely processing of returns using hand held inventory control devices.
Efficiency of the sell-through
- Ensuring plan-o-gram, marketing best practices, and compliance in store.
- Ensuring promotions, displays, and cross-merchandising initiatives.
- Identifying and reducing out-of-stocks on shelf.
- Maximizing visibility and positioning of products in the store.
- HS diploma, GED certificate or equivalent.
- Ability to drive to convenience stores using personal transportation.
- Active valid driver's license, reliable automobile with active valid insurance. (You will receive mileage and gasoline reimbursement.)
- Ability to read and understand store plan-o-gram and set instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, packing and unpacking consumer goods, able to kneel to stock shelves, able to reach and lift to stock shelves.
- Ability to work in customer storage areas which may not be air conditioned.
- Ability to operate a computer a hand held inventory control device, and calculators.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to perform math calculations.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing