For immediate consideration, send an email with resume/summary of experience to Theresa Rumsey at email@example.com
Job Description for a Dietz & Watson Merchandiser
The Dietz & Watson Merchandiser’s main job function is to assist with sales by custom designing displays to meet customer’s unique needs to attract sales. The performance of this primary duty must include the exercise of discretion and independent judgement. Each customer’s needs vary and it is the merchandiser’s responsibility to assess these unique needs and design programs and products in different combinations to meet those specific needs. A merchandiser compares and evaluates discrete options and makes a decision after he/she has considered each option or possibility.
The duties of a Dietz & Watson Merchandiser are listed below but not limited to the listed duties:
- Set up deli cases and appropriately rotate deli product
- Assemble necessary equipment to use in the setting of cases
- Place product in deli case according to a plan-o-gram or utilizing one’s creativity and customization
- Maintain marketing displays using Dietz & Watson Point of Sale (POS)
- Attract customers to deli by demoing product
- Use inventiveness to come up with new recipes and/or sandwiches for demoing purposes
- Complete all reports as necessary including store surveys
- Make regular store visits documenting all concerns/problems (i.e. shortages, equipment problems, ordering issues, etc.) and addressing these problems as seen fit
- Build and maintain customer relationships by displaying high-level customer service techniques to deli managers and employees
- Possess the knowledge and ability to both create and market Dietz & Watson party trays and sandwiches
- Training of all new store deli hires on the merits of Dietz & Watson and refresh training when needed
- Communicate any information deemed necessary to Account Manager (i.e. grand openings, store closing, etc.)
- Utilizing the monthly distribution void report to sell authorized products at the store level in order to achieve 100% ACV for your designated territories
- Explore opportunities for sales growth w/Account Manager
- Marketing cold calling to obtain new accounts within their territory
- Maintain full distribution and display of products in assigned accounts
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment
- Perform special projects outside of assigned territory
- Standing, Bending, Twisting
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds frequently
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasional
- Push /pull carts containing product – occasionally up to 100 lbs.
- Use of both hands and arms
General Working Conditions/Environment
- Room Temperature while in stores
- At times be in a refrigerated cooler areas
- Flexibility and ability to travel extensively (including flying) as needed sometimes up to 50% of the time.
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Must possess communication, organization, creativity, and customization skills
- Must be able to exercise independent decision making skills on a regular basis
- Must be able to work at least 1 weekend day a week
- High school diploma or equivalence
- 1-2 years of customer service/sales experience preferred. Previous deli experience is a plus.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and must have a valid driver’s license.