TITLE: Merchandising Supervisor
REPORTS TO: General Manager or Assistant General Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Flexibility in scheduling; early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays required.
The Merchandising Supervisor is primarily responsible for driving sales within their departments through customer interactions and merchandising decisions. The Merchandising Supervisor is an entry-level supervisory position with Manager on Duty (MOD) and key carrying responsibilities. When the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager(s) are not present, the Supervisor is responsible for the entire store as an acting MOD. When not acting as MOD, the Merchandising Supervisor is responsible for his/her dedicated area within the store. This Team Member must provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations. This position impacts the company by leading the department and the store to success. This Team Member must act with the A.C. Moore Values in mind: People, integrity, desire to be the best, passion, enthusiasm and new ideas.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide an excellent experience for all customers by providing and training for exceptional customer service.
- Personally walks assigned side counters daily, corrects/refills outs to ensure in stock position and P.I. accuracy.
- Ensure product placement and displays reflect planner direction and planogram integrity.
- Monitor and communicate reoccurring out of stocks to General Manager.
- Ensure recovery and cleanliness of assigned area(s) of responsibility at all times.
- Manage green label consolidation and sell down within planograms to ensure fullness.
- Assist in planning and ensure accurate execution of new planograms and monthly planner.
- Demonstrate awareness of sales trends, best sellers, and gross margin of products within respective department and take action to improve sales performance.
- Ensure all merchandise in assigned areas is correctly priced with the appropriate label. Assists with price changes.
- Support advertising by verifying all sale signs are accurate and set.
- Ensure that displays are filled by overseeing and prioritizing the shelving of product from deliveries, overstock, and understock bins.
- Receive and process freight to the sales floor within stated goal of 24 hours.
- Remove all cardboard/trash from the sales floor prior to opening the store.
- Assists with pack up of excess seasonal merchandise per company standards.
- Process credit activity, damaged/defective return to vendors, and store transfers.
- Responsible for compliance with all questions on the DM Store Expectations Checklist and Loss Prevention Audit related to job function.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as sweeping, cleaning the restroom and breakroom and taking the garbage to the dumpster.
- Comply with and strictly enforce all A.C. Moore policies outlined in the Team Member Handbook, including dress code and attendance, and company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Drive Reward Card sign-ups to meet company expectations.
- Must complete Manager on Duty (MOD) Training annually and Custom Framing certification required.
- While acting as Manager on Duty:
- Manage all sales floor operations and task activities.
- Manage Team Members effectively by ensuring they provide excellent customer service and an experience that exceeds customer expectations.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing feedback on performance.
- Manage Team Members effectively by providing the GM/AGM with counseling/disciplinary recommendations.
- Accountable for opening and closing the building by carrying keys and a unique alarm code.
- Ensure that displays are filled and the store is recovered daily per company standards.
- Ensure purchases are processed with speed and accuracy.
- Perform shift changes and cash counts as needed; perform cash pickups.
- Communicate important topics to the entire store team through Huddle Meetings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Previous customer service experience required.
- Computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and communication skills required.
- Experience with arts and crafts preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to set goals and objectives and motivate team to achieve them.
- Demonstrate ability to multitask while leading a team in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Excellent people skills.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to interact and engage customers.
- Previous A.C. Moore experience preferred.
- Frequently lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighting up to 50lbs.
- Ability to bend, turn, twist, kneel and/or squat up to 75% a day.
- Ability to stand and walk up to 8 hours a day.
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.
- Ability to ascend and descend a ladder safely.
- Ability to operate cardboard baler and pallet jack.
- Frequently communicates with customers and/or others.
Team Members must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their Manager.