Company Overview: Founded in 1939 and based in Boise, Idaho, Albertsons companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in the United States.
Company Facts: Albertsons companies is headquartered in Boise, ID with corporate locations in Phoenix, AZ and Pleasanton, CA. The company has $59 billion in in annual sales and serves over 34 million customers per week.
Albertsons Companies operate more than 2,260 stores, 1,739 in-store pharmacies and 401 fuel stations across 34 states. As one of the largest retail employers in the US; the company provides approximately 270,000 jobs.
The company has introduced home delivery in over 25 of the major metropolitan markets through their own distribution and a partnership with Instacart. Albertsons Companies' 23 banners include Albertsons, Safeway, Shaws, Acme, Jewel Osco, Tom Thumb, Randalls and United Supermarkets, as well as meal kits.
This position presents the opportunity to work in a strategically important and fast paced analytics team with a focus on our CPG/vendor partners. The Vendor Analytics Senior Analyst will work cross-functionally and will be responsible for delivering data-driven, actionable insights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Analyze large amounts of sales, profit, and transaction data and communicate impactful recommendations to business leaders
* Oversee internal vendor scorecard process with clear and concise communication to executive leadership
* Oversee large data-related ad hoc projects, collaborating with cross-functional departments to develop and implement improved reporting and data processes
* Work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and produce reporting that measures and drives our merchandising objectives
* Evaluate CPG/vendor trends, assortment, patterns and results to determine business impacts of marketing and promotional activities and identify improvement opportunities
* Evaluate CPG brands using customer loyalty metrics to determine assortment and brand efficiency
* Lead and execute complex business analyses and projects from concept to completion to drive business decision and efficiencies, including making the results accessible and relevant to business users at all levels
* Build a strong partnership and collaboration with stakeholders across the organization and with our CPG community, consulting on how to attain their business goals by leveraging data and insights
* Design reports and executive summaries that clearly and concisely communicate analytical findings and recommendations to key stakeholders
* Develop and implement recommendations for continuous process and system improvements, including identifying ways to automate analyses and processes
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* 3-5 years' experience in an analytics role
* Experience with customer analytics including brand loyalty and brand interaction
* Retail background preferred
* Proficient computer skills including the Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong SQL coding and advanced Excel skills preferred
* Ability to synthesize and summarize large amounts of data clearly and concisely
* High degree of initiative with strong planning skills; must be able to work independently and be a team player
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
Physical Environment: The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position: *
* Some travel may be required
* Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office environment while sitting for long periods of time at desk or computer terminal
* Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during normal workday
* Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties
* Occasional lift/carry 1-50 lbs.
* We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as a mutual understanding and respect. We provide employment training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status. We support a drug-free workplace- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled