All About this Position
The Merchandising Assistant is responsible for assisting in product strategy and brand growth. The MA supports the planning team (Merchandising Manager, Visual Designer, Buyers, Directors and Private Brand Partners) in driving sales, margin, turn and growth by assisting with assortment optimization, merchandise strategies and facilitating department deliverable s. This role requires strong business acumen and an understanding of Merchandising. It is fundamental that the Merchandising Assistant has the ability to collaborate, take ownership of your business, and achieve results.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the ability to create strong partnerships; be comfortable and effective in assortment planning strategies, and strong awareness of a retail landscape. This position requires an ability to translate market, customer, and financial data into strategies that will support the company meeting their objectives. This involves creating planograms, performing floor moves and delegating task to others.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent years of experience
- Preferred: Furniture Merchandising
- 2-3 years of Merchandising experience in a retail environment
- Load and unload heavy merchandise
- High level written and oral communication skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Have Time Management skills
- Work in a team-oriented, self-motivated, successful environment
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal and follow-up skills
- Commit to safety policies and procedures
As a Merchandising- Warehouse Assistant , you must:
- Have a High School diploma or GED
- Safely lift furniture, while elevated on warehouse equipment at heights 10-40 feet above ground
- Possess the ability to learn to use a lift, forklift, and pallet jack
- Possess the ability to lift up to 75 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodations
Life at Regency Management Services
- Be a key player in a world class team
- Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities
- A culture that promotes a healthy work/life balance
- Comprehensive benefits for all eligible full-time employees (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
- Amazing employee discount
We look forward to having you be apart of our experience!
RMS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RMS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.