Vituity is seeking highly motivated, well-qualified family medicine physicians for a one-year emergency medicine Fellowship in Redding, California. We offer two classes that begin February 1st or August 1st.
The North State EM Fellowship is a partnership between Vituity, Dignity Health, and Mercy Medical Center Redding (MMCR), started in March of 2016. The 12 month fellowship is offered to residency-trained, board-certified family physicians that have had some work experience in ED and urgent care settings. Our program is approved by the American Board of Physician Specialties with a pathway that leads to Board Certification in Emergency Medicine.
- High yield one-week boot camp prior to starting that covers a full range of emergency department cognitive and procedural simulations,
- Weekly two-hour EM Fellow and multidisciplinary conference that covers a yearly curriculum focused on evidence-based readings, learning from recent ED patient experiences, discussion, and utilization of the best emergency medicine blogs, videos and other asymmetrical learning sources.
- Monthly peer review and emergency services meetings, quarterly journal clubs, grand rounds preparation and research
- Procedural competency emphasis especially in emergency ultrasound, difficult airway management, procedural sedation, orthopedic reductions, vascular access, and trauma management
- Comprehensive training in Vituity practice and procedures that include:
- Vituity Difficult Airway course
- Vituity Emergency Ultrasound course and ongoing training
- Vituity Regional Anesthesia course
- Amal Mattu ECG review course
Fellows will work in the emergency department approximately 1,800 hours during the year long program.
- Residency-Trained Family Medicine Physician
- Board-Certified in Family Medicine
- Eligible for and/or possess current California Medical License
- Eligible for and/or possess current DEA licensure
- Previous ED/Urgent Care work is highly desirable
We encourage applicants who want to provide services and leadership among the critical access hospitals in the region
This position includes:
- Annual Salary of $93,000
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Mercy Medical Center – Redding, CA
- A Dignity Health Hospital that serves as a tertiary care hub for California's rural North State region
- The 28-bed ED sees 55,000 visits per year and is designated as a Level 2 Trauma Center and Primary Stroke Center.
- The only Emergency Medicine Fellowship program for graduates of a Family Medicine Residency program found west of the Rockies
- Located in northern California, a two hour drive north from Sacramento and three hours west to the coast, but still provides lower-cost living and a more relaxed pace of life
- Surrounded by acres of land, including the California Cascades, breathtaking Mount Shasta, and the pristine Trinity Alps, and Lassen National Park with camping, fishing, boating, climbing, skiing and endless other outdoor adventures
- The Sacramento River Trail courses through Redding and hundreds of miles mountain bike, hiking, and horseback riding trails link up the surrounding foothills, mountains, and Wiskeytown National Recreation Area