We are pleased to present the following job opportunity with our client! Take a look and if you meet the requirements please submit your resume and we'll be in touch if you're a good fit!
Responsibilities will include: interacting closely with the firm’s clients and internal engagement teams to provide innovative tax planning and consulting services in a highly responsive transactional environment that will drive value throughout a client’s investment decision; assist in developing and managing a high functioning team of professionals that work closely with and collaborate among senior transaction professionals of the firm; the candidate will also be expected to participate in developing new relationships that will drive personal and firm growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client service teams on client engagements where the candidate will assist with the planning and execution of M&A tax consulting projects in a wide variety of industries within a highly diverse client base that includes financial and strategic sponsors.
- Lead engagement teams in conducting buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence, as well as developing tax-efficient acquisition and divestment structures. Work clients and outside legal counsel to review tax and financial models, as well as transaction documents.
- Serve as engagement team lead and first point of review for attribute profiling/modeling engagements (i.e., Section 382 ownership shift and limitations analyses, consolidated stock basis studies, earnings and profits analyses, transaction cost analyses).
- Serve as a point of client contact during the M&A/engagement lifecycle for purposes of providing on-call tax-related transaction consultative services, as well as maintaining active communication to manage expectations, ensure client satisfaction and manage engagements efficiently through close.
- The candidate will work with senior professionals in marketing, selling, designing, and implementing tax-planning strategies to new and existing firm clients.
- Develop relationships with the firm’s senior client serving professionals in different lines of business to assist in driving firm growth by introducing the breadth of the services the firm has to offer its existing and new clients.
- Assist in developing and maintaining new business and client relationships, both with existing Firm clients and new clients.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor M&A tax staff on tax projects and assess their performance by providing timely feedback at the end of each engagement and for purposes of year-end reviews.
- Work effectively with our Washington National M&A tax services team in providing state-of-the art tax thought leadership.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting and licensed CPA or JD. Masters in Taxation/LLM in Taxation preferred.
- A minimum of five to seven years of progressive federal tax consulting experience, as well as some amount of business entity tax compliance; experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience a plus.
- Outstanding, proven experience in working effectively in a team environment, including all aspects of staff development, which may include team members in other offices.
- Technical expertise in transaction tax and related matters, including significant experience conducting buy and sell-side tax due diligence projects, including diligence on pass-through entities; design and development of transaction structures using both corporate and pass-through entities; assessment of corporate tax attributes including historical tax basis, earnings and profits, and limitations applicable to net operating losses and tax credits, post-transaction planning including legal entity rationalization and application of consolidated return regulations.
- Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as a proven ability to adapt to different situations, identify issues and work with specialists in other tax technical areas to resolve issues.