Ohio-based Akron Children’s Hospital seeks a metabolic geneticist to join its physician team. Akron Children’s Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children’s hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 800 providers, who manage more than 1.1 million patient visits annually
- A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
The Metabolic Geneticist will join a well-established team of 4 geneticists, 8 genetic counselors, a nurse and a dietician, who work collaboratively to treat a wide range of both adult and pediatric patients, with inherited or otherwise genetically influenced health issues, in Akron Children's Hospital’s Genetic Center. The Center’s clinical services are supported in part by the Ohio Department of Health, as a Regional Comprehensive Genetics Center.
This position offers opportunities for:
- Partnership with an established team of geneticists and counselors affording exceptional work-life balance
- Active involvement in medical student and resident education; academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) is available and commensurate with experience
- Research and innovation available through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and partnerships with NEOMED and local universities
- An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD, MD/PhD, or DO degree, board certification/eligibility by the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics in Medical Biochemical Genetics, and the ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Ohio. Individuals with training in either Pediatrics or Internal Medicine, are encouraged to apply.
Akron Children’s Hospital is set in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley, just minutes south of Cleveland. From major league attractions to small-town appeal, the greater Akron area has something for everyone. The area is rich in history and cultural diversity, and provides a stimulating blend of outstanding educational, cultural and recreational resources. This four-season community will have outdoor enthusiasts thrilled with over 40,000 acres of Metro Parks for year-round enjoyment. Northeast Ohio has become a premier destination to work, live, play, shop and dine!