Josh Steel Company, a local scrap yard is hiring a full time Metal Sorter/Baler Operator for daylight shift, Monday through Friday, no weekends. We offer competitive wages and benefits. Candidate must pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
The successful candidate will be responsible for grading and sorting all types of metals, such as copper, aluminum, brass, steel, etc. Training will be provided on the job. In addition, the position is responsible for operating Harris ferrous and non-ferrous balers. This role requires interacting with customers and co-workers, assisting in unloading trucks, and moving metals around on a forklift. An eagerness to learn about various metals and their value is a must. Adhering to service requirements, safe operating procedures, and operator/equipment limitations necessary. Will perform other duties as directed by management.
Key Job Functions:
- Operate equipment as required
- Ability to communicate and work-well with co-workers
- Conduct pre-shift safety inspections of equipment and report any/all necessary maintenance issues
- Ensure a safe work environment for self, co-workers, customers, etc.
- Keep yard clean, safe, and well organized
- Keep management informed of discrepancies, delays, or other yard issues
- High School diploma or GED
- Industry experience in scrap metal preferred
- Punctual and reliable, excellent attendance required
- Ability to work inside or outside in extreme temperatures and precipitation
- Good communication skills
- Safety-oriented with safe work habits
- Ability to calculate weights and pricing using competent math skills
- Attention to detail
- Physically able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Participate in trainings and meetings
- Climb in and out of equipment
- Hands and fingers must have excellent dexterity to operate machinery and tools
Only qualified applicants need apply. May respond by submitting your resume via link; or apply in person at: 46 6th Street, Braddock, PA 15104.