Summary: Operates punch presses or other common machines to produce production parts and or assemblies to required tolerances per customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities includes the following. Other duties responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Operate press so it can perform work assignments to the predetermined level of production and quality goals for metal stamping parts.
- Produce highest level of quality utilizing control plans and work instructions.
- Starts machine and observes machine operation to reposition workpiece, change dies, or adjust machine setting for multiple or successive passes.
- Ability to recognize both die and material conditions.
- Capable of making a dry run to ensure first piece approval.
- Ensure the press operators are correctly carrying out established production and inspection procedures.
- Consult appropriate staff when an abnormal condition is encountered.
- Perform operator machine maintenance and preventative maintenance.
- Maintain time and production records.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures (safety, quality, and 5S).