Country:United States of America
Location:HCT04: ISR Systems - Danbury 100 Wooster Heights Rd, Danbury, CT, 06810 USA
We at Mission Systems, a division of Collins Aerospace, are world leaders in high reliability, space based, electro-optical systems, providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities that are critical to our nation’s security. We have a fantastic opportunity for a METALLURGIST in our Danbury, CT facility, just one hour north of NYC.
As a METALLURGIST in our Danbury, CT facility, you will provide expertise in high reliability, military and space level materials selection, standardization, and application. You will work as a member of several integrated product teams to implement high-reliability metals applications which would include design analysis, database management, product failure analysis and qualification testing. In addition, you will:
- Design, research, analyze and implement materials and their related fabrication processes to optimize metallic materials for use in an engineering design
- Perform failure analysis and life predictions on components, sub-systems, and systems
- Review and approve subcontractor procedures
- Perform testing in a laboratory as required
- Maintain a working knowledge of government and industry material specifications and quality assurance codes and standards
Education / Certifications
BS degree in Metallurgy, Material Science or equivalent and a minimum of five years’ experience in the field of Material Science or Material Engineering. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Experience in the aerospace and/or military industry is desired
- Working knowledge and the ability to read mechanical drawings in SW tools including Creo
- Good verbal, documentation and presentation skills
- Fully competent in Microsoft Office
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND HOLD A CURENT US DoD CLEARANCE OR BE ABLE TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A CLEARANCE.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on thislinkto read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to email@example.com.