The Metallurgist candidate will supervise and plan the metallurgical aspects of the process; conduct analysis to identify and implement continual improvement activities; and represent the Company with our customers, suppliers, and certifying agencies.
- Comply with and support PCC Code of Conduct Requirements and Company policies and procedures, as well as Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Comply with and support AS9100, SOX requirements and all PCC Cardinal Rules, including EHS and Quality.
- Ensure product conforms to all customer required metallurgical properties.
- Write manufacturing plans for customer approval, which define required processing parameters.
- Ensure all products shipped meet the requirements of the approved manufacturing plans.
- Define forging temperatures, heat treat process and testing as required by customer specifications.
- Write metallurgical reports for customer approval which summarize product processing and testing.
- Analyze test data and adjust processing parameters as required to ensure continuing conformance to customer requirements.
- Maintain “external” customer relationship for communication of technical issues, resolution of product issues. This includes similar contact concerning technical issues with raw material suppliers.
- Identify and report metallurgical deviations with corrective action to disposition effected product, and identify the product within all necessary data/quality systems.
- Communicate with all levels of management; report any problems affecting product integrity.
- Provide technical metallurgical engineering support to customers and QA department
- Maintain quality improvement and industry standards.
- Conduct metallurgical failure analysis as needed.
- Conduct microstructures evaluation and interpretation of microstructures and Grain size ratings
- Provide materials engineering support to operations and equipment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- B.S. in Material Sciences with a minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in a manufacturing operation.
- Experience with heat treat, pyrometry and aerospace forging products preferred.
- Knowledge of NADCAP/AS9001 Requirements and AMS2750E Pyrometry.
- Knowledge of standards and specifications: ASTM, ASM, AISI, SAE and MIL.
- Experience working with Quality specification requirements of major aerospace customers: Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, Safran, GE Aviation, Military, Northrop Grumman, Pratt & Whitney, and others. GE Grain Size Evaluation/Ratings E50TF133-S10 Certification is a plus.
- Quality systems and document maintenance background.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to collect and analyze metallurgical data
- Good communication skills; verbal and written
- Team Player
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Ability to support a 24 / 7 operation.