Metrology Technician 2 - 1075867
We are seeking a Metrology Technician experienced in electronics, inspection, measuring, and test equipment (IM&TE) calibration and repair.
- Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic and pressure measuring and test equipment to technical specifications, maintaining traceability to the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
- Independently test, calibrates, and repairs electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and electronic measuring, recording, and indicating instruments and equipment for conformance to established standards, and assists in formulating calibration standards.
- Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms.
- Provides training to apprentice technicians on metrology principle, resolving technical problems, and complicated electronic theory.
- Plans sequence of testing and calibration procedures for instruments and equipment, according to blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test, evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspects components for defects.
- Measures parts for conformity with specifications, using micrometers, calipers, and other precision instruments. Aligns, repairs, replaces, and balances component parts and circuitry.
- Reassembles and calibrates instruments and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 2 year of directly related experience.
- Electronics background strongly preferred.
- Military PMEL/TMDE/DOD training, or equivalent on the job training strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure the maintenance of an accredited Quality System ISO9001:2008, Z-540.1 and NIST traceable certificates of compliance.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.