This role is located in Ball Ground, GA. A beautiful climate area with many activities, while also close to the Atlanta metro area.
Want to be a part of a leading global, manufacturing company that is creating innovative solutions in the agricultural industry and experiencing phenomenal growth for themselves and their high performing employees? Enjoy working in an environment where quality, reliability, and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done?
Then come join a team that is taking it to the next level – Meyn!
Who We Are:
Meyn is a subsidiary of CTB, Inc., a Berkshire Hathaway Company, offering intelligent, innovative, customized and sustainable solutions in the poultry processing industry. With their vast knowledge, equipment, systems, and services that are available all over the world, Meyn is a trusted business partner for numerous renowned poultry processing companies in over a hundred countries. As the world population continues to grow, global demand for Meyn products will grow accordingly. And, being a team member of Meyn means you can rely on an exciting and challenging career that will provide a meaningful impact on today’s market and tomorrow’s communities – helping to feed a hungry world!
The Meyn Mission: Your success is our goal. Every day, all over the world!
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role!
What You’ll Do:
As the Human Resources Manager, you will plan, manage, administer, and support the Human Resource practices, policies, and programs for the site that will align the human capital with the organizational goals and objectives.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Plans, manages, administers, and supports the HR practice, policies, and programs, along with payroll, ensuring alignment to Corporate HR initiatives, to create a compliant, equitable environment.
- Acts as the first of point of contact at times for employee questions/obstacles, ensuring effective resolution, and that information is provided to the right management team member and Corporate HR as needed.
- Implements and coordinates effective recruiting and onboarding processes to onboard and retain top talent for the sites, while ensuring employee paperwork is complete and compliant.
- Coordinates and maintains the performance management programs that will measure and develop team members towards the goals of the business and towards their career goals.
- Acts as a “Credible Activist” to build relationships of trust and integrity within the teams to ensure engaging, fair and compliant employee relations practices are administered based on established policies and practices.
- Coordinates benefit open-enrollment and wellness activities for the site to enhance employee engagement and the overall long-term productivity.
- Prepares, coordinates, and maintains employee change forms, employee files, perfect attendance data, disciplinary data, etc. in an accurate, compliant, and confidential way.
- Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Organizational Leadership, or HR; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Experience: 5+ years of progressive experience within human resources, managing the HR function for a manufacturing site.
- Certification(s): SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Functional Skills: Experienced with handling and supporting the HR activities and initiatives around Talent Management, Recruiting, Employee Relations, Benefits, and HR practice, policy and process compliance within a manufacturing environment preferred; great with project management, organization, planning, and prioritization, strong attention to details and follow-through, with an excellent ability to execute and lead new HR practices/policies or processes that can drive the business through people
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Experienced with HRIS applications and ability to learn proprietary software required; Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written skillset; able to present and train team members on new HR policies.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Demonstrates a high customer-service and support personality who has a strength in educating others towards best practices; forward thinking and resourceful to ensure processes are handled smoothly and effectively, ability to handle matters sensitively and discretely; is self-directed and can work well within an established set of guidelines. High relational ability to provide credible and timely support and guidance while becoming a trusted resource and building effective partnerships; ability to listen and solve problems calmly, objectively, and effectively with solid reasoning to be able to make good decisions. Advises manager of obstacles and makes recommendations on thoughtful options.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Professional in appearance, polished in professional behaviors, assertive/strong influencer to lead changes within diverse departments. Has a “Can Do” attitude and is collaborative and team-oriented to create engagement and enhancements within the related department areas. Also requires someone who is energetic, honest, and possesses high ethical standards who is hard-working to be successful in this role.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
This position is eligible for some bonus programs! And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Plant Manager & VP of HR
Core Hours: 7:00 am – 6:00 pm; will work 40-45 hours within this time frame
Typical Work Week: M-F; with some additional hours as need; 45 hours per week on average
Direct Reports: None
Work Conditions: Typically, in an office environment, with visits through Operations
Travel: Limited; 10% or less