Vertically integrated Multifamily Owner / Developer / Builder is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to head up their projects in Phoenix, AZ.
Ideal for candidates with a solid background in multifamily ground up construction projects.
The firm has their HQ in New York and is expanding their Arizona operations.
This opportunity would suit a Senior Project Manager who has aspirations to lead and develop a region after completing the current pipeline of work in the area.
As the Senior Project Manager, you role will be split into 3 section:
* Prepare preliminary estimates during the design phase of work.
* Coordination of drawings and designs of the professionals involved in the project.
* Consult with the Regional Construction Manager and SVP of Construction to prepare a project construction schedule and submit to Senior Management for approval.
* Prepare documents for and solicit bids for the project with the help of Precon Manager and Assistant Project Manager
* Prepare final budget and submit same to Regional Construction Manager and SVP of Construction for approval.
* Establish and maintain buyout schedule.
* Write all contracts, purchase orders, and change orders with the help of Assistant Project Manager and Contract Coordinators
* Ensure that all subcontracts and proper Certificates of Insurance are on file prior to commencement of work by any subcontractor
* Maintain and update the project budget on the 1st day of each month.
* Review and update all monthly costs for the project including review of Project Ledger for proper cost coding.
* Review and update construction schedule with Lead Superintendent each Friday.
* Oversee Procore Project Management Software and insure all documentation is being inputted properly
* Make sure a current set of plans is maintained in the Field Office and that the As-Built Drawings are being kept up to date.
* Distribute revised plans and specifications to the Lead Superintendent, field staff, and to all subcontractors.
* Procure, receive, track, review, distribute, seek approval as necessary, and approve all shop drawings and submittals.
* Maintain the submittal log in Procore showing items submitted, date submitted, date approved, and date returned to subcontractor. Expedite the approval process as to not delay job progress.
* Maintain a record of field work orders and change orders and their impact upon job cost and the construction schedule.
* Assist the Lead Superintendent and Field Staff in anticipating and avoiding problems that may affect the construction schedule and/or budget.
After Completion of Project:
* Assist in obtaining information required for the loan closing.
* Assist in and ensure the accuracy of the Final Project cost.
* Obtain, assemble, distribute and file all as-built drawings, warranties, certificates of occupancy, and final lien releases for the project.
* Obtain refunds for any deposits made during construction.
* Obtain the release of any bonds posted during construction by us or any subcontractor.
The candidate selected for this role must have the following:
- At least 5 years of recent and in depth multifamily/apartment construction project management experience, including 5 story type III wood frame construction, Precast and/or Poured in Place Garages
- Experience in studenthousing is preferable
- Currently live in Phoenix, AZ
- Have a pulse on the market with established contacts for all subcontractors as well third party officials
The firm is offering an exciting career trajectory along with paid health, dental and vision and matching 401k.