Exciting things are happening at Papa John’s…and our career experience just keeps getting Better! Better Ingredients, Better Pizza, BetterOpportunities, Papa John's!
At Papa John’s we consider all of our Team Members to be more than just employees! We care about you and your development. In fact, most of our promotions come from within! So become a part of the Papa John’s family and join us as a Team Member!
DESCRIPTION: Papa John’s Assistant Managers assist in managing all functions of a Papa John’s restaurant to ensure that high quality products and service are delivered to our customers. This is accomplished by being a team-oriented leader, making quality decisions, and instilling pride and accountability in team members. Responsibilities include the management of operations, including the execution of all Company policies, procedures, programs, and systems, and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local laws and ethical business practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate exemplary operations skills in all aspects of the restaurant including making quality products for our customers and ensuring each delivered product meets Papa John’s standards and accurately reflects the customer’s order. Professionally and promptly respond to all customer concerns or issues.
- Supervise a restaurant team, actively recruit customer-focused team members, maintain adequate staffing levels according to projected sales, properly orient and train team members to exceed customer expectations, ensure compliance with uniform and appearance standards, coach for improved performance, and communicate employment action up to and including termination.
- Contribute to sales goals by providing excellent customer service, team member product training, executing marketing plans, suggestively selling to increase the check average when taking an order, and creating a positive presence in the community.
- Ensure food, labor, and other controllable costs stay within budget by accurately utilizing Company policies, procedures and systems. Execute cash management duties. Plan and manage adequate inventory levels to meet sales demands and minimize loss.
- Ensuring the restaurant is clean, safe, fully equipped and all equipment operates properly, ensure restaurant meets safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Pre-delivery vehicle preparation, learning the delivery area, checking orders for quality and accuracy, following proper delivery procedures,
- Perform other assigned workstation duties including taking phone orders, making quality products by working the pizza cutting station and the pizza topping station, distributing door hangers.
- Stock ingredients from delivery area to storage, work area, and walk-in cooler.
- Provide a high level of customer service through positive and professional interaction with customers in person or by phone, and acting with a sense of urgency in everything they do.
- Accurately use the POS System, process cash, check and/or credit card transactions.
- Work as part of a team and assist other team members by being on time for their shift; supporting other workstations during their shift, including cleaning, for example sweeping mopping wiping counters; and completing all opening, shift change, and closing duties, including shift cleaning.
- Maintaining organized, safe, and clean work areas; comply with safety and security standards and procedures at all times.
- Comply with uniform and appearance standards.
- Complete all training modules that relate to this position.
- Comply with Team Member Handbook, and with federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Train new team members in all applicable training programs.