Job Req ID: 190861
Position Number: 00114597
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Internal Medicine
Location: South Charlotte Primary Care
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Partners with the physician co-leader, leadership team, and various support departments to create practice environment and operations to drive progress and achieve goals in the areas of financial performance, revenue cycle management, patient satisfaction, telephony performance, employee engagement, provider satisfaction, quality of care, Care Coordination, patient and teammate safety, EMR Meaningful Use, e-Health, and other initiatives.
- Oversees the daily operations of the practice, with the physician co-leader to include: scheduling and registration of patients, verification of insurance, clinical work-up, treatment and flow of patients, capture of clinical information in the EMR, proper coding and charging of services rendered, scheduling and pre-certification of specialty referrals and ancillary services, collection of co-pays and co-insurance payments.
- Ensures that practice operations and team members are knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable regulatory, licensing and accrediting agency standards and applicable state and federal laws, as well as policies and procedures as defined by CHS.
- Promotes effective communication dialogue with providers and staff through daily huddles, regularly scheduled staff meetings, or other means of communication.
- Analyzes data with physician co-leader, using data to work collaboratively with providers, other team members, patients and vendors to continually enhance performance, positively effecting clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Demonstrates fluency in the EMR/Canopy, effectively implementing and monitoring utilization of the tool for improved preventive medicine and disease management practices. Achieves goals in Appropriate Care Measures of Quality and Meaningful Use of the EMR.
- Assumes responsibility for the recruitment of qualified staff.
- Works with team members on mutual goal setting, providing regular performance feedback and evaluation.
- Manages practice by improving utilization of resources, and maintaining practice efficiency while seeking to minimize operational costs. Assigns duties and determines staff work schedules based on competencies of available staff and patient/practice needs.
- Promotes the financial viability and accomplishment of financial goals of the practice by effectively managing billing, collections and budget processes, including proactive cost containment activities.
Work requires use of telephone and sitting for prolonged periods of time. Walking, standing, lifting bending, reaching, stooping, pushing and pulling are required a moderate amount of the time. May lift and carry up to 40 pounds on an intermittent basis. Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with individuals and groups effectively. Must possess critical thinking and ability to concentrate. Must be able to work with high volume of activities/projects with short deadlines. Must be able to deal with intense, emotionally charged issues. Work can require non-traditional hours (early mornings or late evenings and/or weekends).
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED required; Bachelorï¿½s Degree strongly preferred. At least 1 year of experience in a medical practice (or completion of a practice manager training program), including managing the financials (billing, collection, etc.) in a medical facility environment, is desired. Relevant certifications (MGMA, ACHE or the Professional Association of Health Care Office Management) are preferred. Excellent written and spoken communications skills in English are required. Bilingual in other language/s based on working location and relevant patient population is preferred.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer