Kombrewcha Area Sales Manager, Los Angeles (Remote)
Kombrewcha, the original hard kombucha, was founded in Brooklyn in 2014 and is now part of the Anheuser-Busch family of brands. Brewed to 4.4% ABV through natural fermentation, Kombrewcha is also USDA certified organic, gluten-free, and uses quality ingredients such as fair-trade black tea. Now available in four flavors, Berry Hibiscus, Ginger Lemon, Mango Pineapple and Blood Orange, Kombrewcha is the refreshing and delicious beverage option for people who treat themselves well but aren’t afraid to treat themselves.
Kombrewcha, acquired by Anheuser-Busch in 2017, now operates as a portfolio brand under the Beyond Beer Business Unit umbrella with other brands such as Babe Wine and Cutwater. Kombrewcha operates under a General Manager model, which offers the feel of a startup while still working for Anheuser-Busch.
Kombrewcha is seeking a highly motivated Area Sales Manager, or Regional Sales Manager depending on experience, based in the Los Angeles Territory. The candidate should possess strong leadership qualities and a desire to make Kombrewcha the #1 hard kombucha.
The ideal candidate will manage their wholesaler relationships along with working with their wholesaler reps to visit and sell into key target accounts. The position requires a self- motivated, organized, energetic, and creative person.
- Establish relationships and drive growth in a defined geographic area.
- Effectively manage wholesaler to attain new business while maintaining proper inventory and forecasting
- Close all mandated chain gaps
- A mix of approaching and opening new accounts while still managing existing business.
- Create strong account relationships to grow sales in existing locations.
- Execute (in cooperation with marketing) a major launch of a new product (events, in-store activations, media, etc.)
- Embed yourself with key distributor partners to drive awareness and education of the brand.
- Execute meaningful programs with distributors including trainings, work-withs, and incentives in order to leverage distributor reps to increase sales.
- Work with field marketing team to ensure effective use of POS, demos, and consumer events (for both yourself and distributor reps)
- Execute successful and impactful planning, review, sales meetings and annual market plans with distributors
- Proper time management to achieve volume and distribution goals.
- High level of professionalism and experience working with well-organized sales-oriented companies
- Must be highly organized, have attention to detail and good time management ability
- 2-4 years beer industry experience (3 tier beverage industry experience preferred)
- Must have business acumen and keen negotiating skills
- Excellent computer and reporting skills (MS Office Suite)
- College degree
- Candidate must be willing to work independently and understand how to build a brand in the Los Angeles market
- Creative presentation skills and public speaking
- Innovative and creativity in owning and growing your market
- Candidate will receive competitive base salary + Bonuses. Opportunity for large upside with strong performance.
For more than 160 years, Anheuser-Busch and its world-class brewmasters have carried on a legacy of brewing America's most-popular beers. Starting with the finest ingredients sourced from Anheuser-Busch's family of growers, every batch is crafted using the same exacting standards and time-honored traditions passed down through generations of proud Anheuser-Busch brewmasters and employees. Best known for its fine American-style lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, the company's beers lead numerous beer segments and combined hold 46.4 percent share of the U.S. beer market. Budweiser and Bud Light Lime Lime-A-Rita were named Brands of the Year for the Beer and the Spirits, Malt Beverages and Wine categories, respectively, by Ace Metrix; in 2014. Anheuser-Busch is the U.S. arm of Anheuser-Busch InBev and operates 15 local breweries, 17 distributorships and 23 agricultural and packaging facilities across the United States, representing a capital investment of more than $15.9 billion. Its flagship brewery remains in St. Louis, Mo., and is among the global company's largest and most technologically capable breweries. Visitor and special beermaster tours are available at its St. Louis and five other Anheuser-Busch breweries. For more information, visit www.anheuser-busch.com.
As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It's this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.