The Manager of Business Development will use key business relationships in domestic and/or international government markets. Has primary responsibility for identifying and developing opportunities for business expansion. Develops marketing strategies and proposes long range business plan.
The Business Development Manager will focus on customer acquisition, lead generation, and prospect management, as this role will garner and meet with potential clients.
The Business Development Manager will research client business referrals, network, and web leads; provide prospective customers/clients with all services offered and additional presentations as needed; and work with clients to create solutions for their needs and consult throughout the sales process. Must be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to close sales and increase revenue.
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Successfully addressing the business development activities for RTL products including hydraulic, electro-mechanical and LSS.
- Support development of an on-going 5-year strategic roadmap.
- Assess the emerging technological areas with "up front" RTL involvement by establishing and maintaining personal relationships with customers/agencies such as:
- MARCOR SYSCOM
- Lockheed Martin
- Areas of specific experience:
- Preparation or roadmaps/strategic plans for key areas where the US Military funding is trending over the next 10 years; with emphasis on major areas such as Tactical Wheeled Vehicles, and Armored platforms.
- Assess annual service budgets and long range plans (Program Objective Memorandum) to recommend key areas to target within the service and which are in line with the ESA Land Systems long-range roadmap.
- Establish and maintain direct, personal relationships with key industry and government customers.
- Establish and maintain similar relationships with ESL and ESA counterparts. Lead the RTL Business Development effort, as well as campaign plans for areas targeted by Land Systems to be of strategic importance.
- Continuously assess RTL, ESA, ESL capabilities (current and emerging) against customer requirements.
- Assess and make recommendations for RTL to partner with ESA and/or ESL where opportunities exist for new business.
- Other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- To take the appropriate actions for the successful execution of the Business Development activities.
- Request, assign and allocate resources required to support the business.
- Communicate RTL Quality Assurance Policy and Practices to all personnel.
- To continually improve customer satisfaction and retention.
- Individual has the authority and responsibility to complete the assigned task of the job.
- Customer Procurement personnel.
- Customer Program Management personnel.
- Peers within RTL
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- College graduate, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proven track record of successful contract wins and documented business growth.
- Strong skills in sales and ability to be a business partner.
- Will have 5-10 years’ experience in business development.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build alliances.
- Customer focus: Striving for high customer satisfaction, going out of our way to be helpful and pleasant.
- Communication: Balancing listening, speaking, writing clearly/accurately, influencing others while keeping them informed.
- Collegiality: Being helpful, respectful, and approachable and team oriented, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Initiative: Taking ownership of our work, doing what is needed without being asked, following through.
- Efficiency: Planning ahead, managing time well, being on time, being cost conscious, thinking of better ways to do things.
- Coach ability: Being receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- People management (direct reports): Setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback as well as guidance and holding employees accountable.
- Excellent communication with interpersonal and analytical skills.
- A strong work ethic coupled with good business sense.
- A management styles that leads by example with the ability to serve as a team player while maintaining focus on the business objectives of the organization.
- Quality/Compliance: Achieving a standard of excellence with our work processes and outcomes, honoring RTL policies and all regulatory requirements.
Computer Skills Required:
- MS Office (advanced skills): Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Internet Explorer and internet research.