Organizes and maintains the business of Design Studio, utilizing knowledge of daily operations and understanding of coordination required between sales/escrow, purchasing, customer service, finance and construction.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews all costing for accuracy and generates after-market profit.
- Acts as liaison between Sales and Construction Departments as required ensuring schedules are consistently met and proper information is transmitted to Field.
- Monitors selection changes so they are made correctly and in timely manner.
- Provides buyers with product information, available upgrade options, pricing information within buyers’ budget limitations.
- Provides design guidance to buyers in selections by coordinating materials and colors to satisfy buyers’ requirements.
- Maintains overall Design Studio appearance.
- Assists in researching new products and provides recommendations to Purchasing based on buyers’ requests.
- Conducts field visits to review new products and provides feedback on inclusion of selection items.
- Provides training to team members to ensure understanding of design Studio operations, communication flow and paperwork.
- Ensures New Home Counselors are properly establishing expectations with buyers and are providing accurate information regarding Design Studio operations.
Education & Experience
- Design knowledge from college degree in Design or related field with Design experience or 5 to 7 years Design Management experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong verbal communication skills to interact with homebuyers, other departments, subcontractors and outside sales reps.
- Strong management and problem resolution skills; ability to handle many situations at same time; detail oriented.
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Proficiency with computer and with financial calculator; systems knowledge.
- Marketing skills; open minded and creative.
- Typical office environment; extremely fast paced.
- Some on-site visits to home sites in various phases of completion where temperature and noise levels vary.
- Safety equipment will be required on any construction site.
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. on occasion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee’s job duties may change at any time, in the company’s sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants