Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Provide timely research and analysis of key intelligence topics, relevant learnings about competitors, the business environment and trends impacting our business. Conduct searches and synthesize information for ad hoc requests from clients throughout the organization. Deliver competitive and industry analysis to business leaders to inform strategy, and provide strategic and tactical vision. Provide forward-looking, trusted, accessible and actionable information and insights to leadership for the purpose of developing strategies that maximize the potential of Frontier Communications brand and targeted and national opportunities. Aid customer-facing teams in the sales process by developing support material to distinguish Frontier products and services. Interpret results from multiple project components and translate findings into clear and compelling recommendations and solutions. Develop communication vehicles that summarize data and conclusions to allow management, business leaders and sales training teams to understand issues and challenges as well as Frontier strengths. Critically examine and understand the competitive environment and changing dynamics with regard to wireline communications/video/broadband/mobile communications, as well as technological innovations impacting the industry. Anticipate and be prepared for competitive initiatives and next steps, such as encroachment into new territories, pricing modifications, promotions, network expansion, and mergers/acquisitions.
Specific duties will include:
- Establish, drive and lead a highly effective market and competitive intelligence process to include capturing, assessing and disseminating intelligence/insights across the organization.
- Work collaboratively with external partners to analyze and assess the competitive landscape
- Prepare in depth analysis of competitors’ strategies, strengths/weaknesses, tactics, trends, investments, pipeline and future activities for Frontier’s annual business planning cycle.
- Continuously assess the impact of competitive activities and market dynamics on company strategies and develop recommendations to address challenges and drive growth.
- Contribute to the monthly industry analysis overview to the organization.
- Educate and strengthen the marketing and sales teams through internal competitive materials and external facing materials.
- Cultivate a shared understanding across the organization.
- Be the go-to-source for when the organization needs to understand the competition and industry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience. MBA would be preferable.
- 8-10 yrs. experience in a related discipline
Required Skills & Experience
Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of some of these areas:
- Good understanding of the small business telecommunications space
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers, managers and executives on strategy and business issues
- Strong organizational, time management, project management, and negotiation skills
- Results Focused - Experience/Ownership of a highly visible product and/or product / sales revenue/quota management
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Strong Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills
- Experience in analysis and reporting on business trends, product strategies and competitive actions