Northrop Grumman Defense Systems is seeking an experienced Communications Manager to provide strategic communication support to our Armament Systems business unit headquartered in our Plymouth, MN office, with a second large facility in Mesa, AZ. The location of the role is in either Plymouth, MN or Mesa, AZ.
The Communications Manager reports directly to the Director of Weapon Systems Communications and is responsible for developing and executing communications strategies that align with and support the company’s business objectives. He/she works with multiple stakeholders at the business unit, division and functional levels to develop and gain support for, and participate in executing innovative, multi-channel external communications strategies that raise the visibility and awareness of the business unit’s programs and capabilities with customers, industry and the media in the United States and international markets. An equal focus is to strategically advise on and execute internal communications programs that effectively inform and engage employees. He/she will lead a small team of communications generalists to achieve these objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve as the primary communications advisor to the Vice President of the Armament Systems business unit and the Armament Systems leadership team
• Lead team of communications professionals
• Focus targeted branding at key external decision makers to help the business achieve strategic growth objectives
• Coordinate engagement with the media and prepare spokespeople for media interviews and other thought leadership opportunities
• Support messaging and planning for customer engagement events as required
• Create a content curation plan, and develop content and collateral that supports business objectives
• Support on-site crisis communications planning and response
• Ensure adherence and compliance with corporate communication policies and customer requirements