Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
This individual will work with plant leadership to identify, prioritize, and implement a comprehensive continuous improvement program within the plant. Apply total productive maintenance, lean manufacturing principles, and Six Sigma tools to build organizational capability and deliver operational improvements and/or cost reduction benefits. Will lead plant training & coordination of Continuous Improvement activities, driving enabler savings, documentation of financials and project information. Provide plant leadership with guidance and support for next steps in the area of continuous improvement. Designs plant repeatable systems and drives implementation across all businesses and functions. Additional work in mentoring and training both Green and Black belts along with other CI trained individuals at the plant will be required. Leads cultural change within the site around continuous improvement systems, tools, and behaviors.
Principal Accountabilities (list in order of importance)
Establish and enhance a comprehensive daily direction setting process from the operating team to plant leadership team level, ensuring system health through regular check-ins Identify and lead loss/waste elimination activities throughout the plant; Owns site zero-based loss analysis process & plant savings plan (enablers) Facilitate problem solving activities to drive root-cause, sustainable solutions to prevent recurrence; Train employees at all levels on problem solving process and build advanced problem-solving capability, up to and including Green / Black Belt qualification Own development of site long term strategy creation (strategy development and deployment), CI specific annual operating plan, & monthly key results review Partner with leadership team members to establish standards and processes related to daily management system implementation (Safety & Quality Incident Elimination, CIL, Maintenance planning & scheduling, Cost Control, Abnormality Handling, Centerlines, Rapid Changeover) Power user for manufacturing execution systems & capability (Cornerstone, MexVision, Envision, MiniMint, etc) Build Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED) / Rapid Changeover (RCO) capability within the organization Drive Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) thought process through DDS implementation and monthly functional check-ins Partner with corporate Operational Excellence team to ensure standardization and sharing of best practices
Job Complexity (provide several examples of typical work-related problems that this position is expected to resolve)
- Must possess the ability to overcome resistance to organizational change, influence both hourly and salaried employees to embrace it, and lead the change initiative.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize based on business needs.
- Must develop and maintain rapport with employees at all levels.
- Must be able to present relatively complex Continuous Improvement concepts effectively to diverse groups ranging from hourly production workers to Plant Leadership Team members.
- Must stay current with respect to new lean concepts and methodologies, evaluate their application for the plant and make recommendations to management.
Job Specifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, education, certification, and training normally required for competent performance in the job)
Minimum education required: B.S. degree in Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Experience: Practical lean experience and/or training with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, which includes a demonstrated ability to lead or manage process improvement projects.
Preferred Skills/Qualifications: 5 or more years of direct experience successfully leading and implementing process
improvement initiatives utilizing the following concepts and techniques:
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Lean Manufacturing principles
- Six Sigma
- Visual factory / 5S programs
- Certification or equivalent training and experience as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
- Ability to lead large-scale, continuous improvement/organizational change initiatives.
- Strong facilitation skills, with experience in training development and deployment.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Flexibility to work across shifts with occasional weekend support
- Drive for results.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.