Frontier® Communications provides communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its FiOS® and Vantage™ fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier Business™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses.
Job Description – Manager, Resource Management, Forecasting
Ability to forecast based on incoming volume and creating execution plans that align with force to load requirements to ensure both operational budget and service levels are met. This includes but not limited to trending of incoming load volume, monitoring and capacity planning for events that impact loads, validation of resources and reconciliation between forecasts and staffing. Ensures forecasts and schedules are timely and accurate. Identifies, provides oversight and performs forecasting analysis/data mining of trends, and possible anomalies. Manage the workforce/workload, ensuring that there are proper staffing levels to provide excellent service levels for inbound calls and chats. Monitor workload to achieve key goals of service levels, average speed of answer for Avaya and Bold, % to dispatch, Trouble Ticket commitments met. In addition, perform scheduling functions, and analyze reports to ensure adequate staffing. Schedule employees work hours, vacation time, personal days, and recording of sick time. Checking of employee time records to ensure payroll accuracy and accountability. Monitor call/chat activity in real time and adjust call/chat volumes routing to skill groups. Monitor work volumes in WFM, Viryanet, and DPI to ensure orders, trouble tickets, and other departmental work is completed on time. Analyze reports on order, call, and chat status throughout the day.
Business Industry Focus:
Increases knowledge of Frontier’s industry, telecommunications technology, operations, products, services, and policies; integrates that knowledge by creating reports and tools to enable the business owners to make better decisions across functions or regions.
- Demonstrates mastery in Frontier DPI, CMS, EWFM, BOLD, Workflow and all Assignment reporting tools.
- Manages and implements company policies and procedures; coaches others in adhering to the same.
- Knows how to get work done across functions and units; understands how organizational interrelationships and political/cultural issues impact work.
Puts our customer first and continuously exceeds their expectations; by anticipating and understanding their needs, identifying issues and making decisions that resolve the issues completely and in a timely manner.
- Puts customer first; ensures that established organizational tone and direction for customer service is followed within the department.
- Determines and anticipates what internal customers need and value in terms of reports and tools; allocates resources to exceed customer’s expectations.
- Guides team in determining root causes and developing innovative, timely solutions to complex customer problems.
- Implements and supports processes that stimulate creative thinking and alternative approaches; promotes the open exchange of ideas.
Provides the highest quality products and services; creates and promotes a work environment that fosters continuous improvement and ensures adherence to standards.
- Ensures established quality standards are adhered to; ensure reports, scheduling, and payroll accuracy before distribution.
- Uses measurement systems to monitor business progress on a consistent basis; use appropriate metrics (TPI, ACW, CAHT, Adherence, Service Level, ASA, Avaya CMS) for reports.
- Promotes and supports continuous improvements to processes and systems by seeking out and implementing best internal/external practices; proactively solicit business owners for feedback on what reports and tools they are needing to improve their internal metrics.
Communicates with Impact:
Communicates effectively (written, verbal and non-verbal) to inform, influence and motivate; shares information with multiple organizational levels and actively asks questions, listens to and responds to others. Gains consensus and negotiates to obtain best outcomes.
- Practice open communication and ensures that appropriate and timely information sharing takes place, seven times, seven different ways across the organization; ensure everyone understands what projects are being worked on and statuses of each.
- Communicates organizational direction in ways that motivate team or team members to execute business commitments.
- Exercises good judgement, sensitivity and poise when communicating in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Promotes open exchange of ideas to determine best business options; listens to and respects opinion of others.
- Demonstrates collaborative approach to influencing key decision-makers and stakeholders; solicits and incorporates input to obtain support for ideas; is persuasive in negotiating consensus to achieve desired outcomes.
Creates and promotes a winning team environment by motivating employees to perform at a high level, delegating responsibility, providing development and coaching; removes obstacles to high team performance; seeks to establish a practice of equal and fair treatment and opportunity for all.
- Fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment where people are committed to work as a team to get things done by providing coaching, mentoring, training, recognition, resources and appropriate levels of authority.
- Assembles diverse, high performing teams with complementary strengths.
- Optimizes team productivity through employee development and talent management.
Drives performance excellence, aligns work with strategies priorities, establishes plans and processes, and manages execution, delivers results even amid challenges and ambiguity. Recognizes and rewards success.
- Drives performance excellence; is energetic and action-oriented; conveys sense of urgency around goals.
- Ensures team understands action plans; delegates effectively, monitors progress, tracks early warning signs and takes the steps necessary to ensure results.
- Applies project management skills; develops/manages project plans and executes operational work plans aligned with overall organizational strategies.
Assumes Fiscal Responsibility:
Demonstrates knowledge of financial concepts and Frontier’s financial processes and applies them as required by job; consistently delivers cost-effective solutions to meet department’s objectives; works towards exceeding financial and monthly overtime goals.
- Uses good judgement; makes the right tradeoffs in balancing competing demands.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of overall financial concepts and Frontier’s financial targets and processes. Drives growth, productivity improvements and cost reductions to achieve Frontier financial objectives.
- Ensure project scopes are within the time constraints and feasibility and work with IT to ensure no duplication of efforts.
Required Skill Sets:
- Possess forecasting abilities along with force to load validation and reconciliation.
- Must possess ability to work on issues of diverse scope where analysis situation or data requires evaluation of varying factors.
- Proven analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Documented training in metric/statistic data analysis preferred.
- Minimum BA/BS degree or 3 - 5 years’ experience in Assignment related work.
- Highly analytical – must also possess strong MS Office skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Must have ability to lead other management and able to multi-task
- Logical, organized thinker capable of managing large amounts of data while remaining attentive to details.
- Team player with ability to communicate across functional organizations and provide accurate and concise updates to management team.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Must be able to participate as both an individual contributor and as part of a team
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work weekends
- Some travel may be required
Desired Skill Sets:
- MS or MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years Resource Management Experience