The Retail District Manager is responsible for the management and development of a group of Retail Coverage Merchandisers/Lead Merchandisers. They are responsible for representing the company, our clients, and our customers by effectively supervising and managing RCM work. This includes retail store coverage, set coverage, or coverage of special projects, and executing objectives as set forth by the principal, Business Manager, or the Sales Manager to achieve superior in-store results in assigned territories or stores.
ResponsibilitiesProvide effective leadership and management to Retail Coverage Merchandiser/Lead Merchandiser team in assigned geographic area by interviewing and hiring candidates, onboarding and training new associates, managing performance and career development, managing conflict and personnel issues, and providing coaching and support.Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the company’s business model, Client and Customer details and expectations, and the specific details of the work processes.Work in-store, minimum of 50%, to ensure an understanding of business and project requirements.Manage assigned work to completion, on time, and with high quality results. Review project details to verify schedule is accurate and achievable, and supporting documentation is current and correct.Assign work to the team and ensure that all jobs have the appropriate level of support. Monitor progress and audit work. Answer questions, solve problems, resolve personnel issues, and adjust resources as needed. Ensure the delivery of all materials, supplies and equipment necessary for all work.Understand and optimize selling effectiveness in assigned territories. Identify training needs, desired system and work process improvements, and maintain effective balance of store set/surge work and retail store coverage.Partner with store personnel and team to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss schedules and changes, meet goals and expectations, and build an effective working relationship. Be proactive in alerting management to any unsafe act or condition to prevent injuries.Ensure company policies are followed by directly managed associates. This includes but is not limited to proper maintenance of all company owned equipment, accurate and timely expense reporting, and activity reporting within company guidelines.Communicate retail territory responsibilities to the MEI admin team, to ensure accuracy in the reporting systems.Effectively and accurately use technology including MEI; communicate retail priorities and coverage analyses to maintain an effective feedback and measurement system.Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some college with prior management/supervisory experience with a minimum of 2 years industry experience. Prior sales agent, retail, customer service or reset responsibility and Associate Degree preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making and leadership skills. Must be able to read and communicate effectively with others.
- Must be a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, be flexible and agile.
- Must be able to work effectively in web based applications and email, word processing, and spreadsheet applications. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, have dependable transportation and be able to drive in a car for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry individual cases of product, shelving, or displays of up to 60 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to work in cold environmental conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections of retail stores) for limited periods of time.
- Must be able to operate a computer, calculator, fax machine, telephone, paper cutter, copier, hammer, screwdriver, drill, case cutter, hand truck, and pallet jack. Must be able to climb and stand on a step stool or ladder.