Job ID: 161863
Michigan Paving and Materials, a vertically integrated CRH company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.michiganpaving.com, www.stoneco.net or our parent company at www.crhamericas.com
Description: Afternoon Logistics Coordinator- Michigan Paving & Materials
Logistics Coordinator Job Purpose: Provide support to the logistics department while monitoring project progress and dispatch phone.
Logistics Coordinator Duties:
- Daily scheduling of company owned flowboys and third party brokers for internal construction and customer sales
- Receive construction and customer orders and process orders to dispatch software
- Create and maintain various logistic reports
- Track flowboy status loops throughout day
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicit customer feedback to improve service;
- Answer MPM Customer Service phone line
- Communicate daily changes supplied by customers, vendors and management to all necessary parties to insure proper order completion and documentation
- Operate in a team oriented atmosphere
- Travel to various Michigan Paving & Materials and Stoneco sites as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Supply Chain Management, Logistics, applicable studies or equivalent work experience
- Highly organized, able to manage time with constantly changing priorities, reporting and documentation skills, supports innovation and process improvement, MS Office Suite Proficient
- Comfort and familiarity with technology
- Customer focused attitude
- Maintain high level of support to the rest of the logistics group
- Position requires early morning start times, ability to work overtime regularly, evening availability and weekend availability by phone
- Ability to communicate within a team setting
- This is an afternoon position and will require weekends in season
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Michigan Paving and Materials is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.