Creativity, innovative thinking and the manufacturing of top-quality products have put Lyons Magnus in the forefront of the food industry. Lyons is involved in each phase of the food manufacturing process from the growing of the raw materials to the marketing of the finished products – and everything in between. Lyons produces more than 2,000 different items for the industrial ingredient and foodservice segments, designing products for some of the top restaurant chains in the country, as well as international accounts.
This huge undertaking could not be done without a diverse and talented staff. At Lyons, our people are the heart of our organization. Lyons is proud to cultivate a thriving work environment with employees who are not just satisfied and productive, but engaged in creating the future – the company’s and their own.
Lyons Magnus is seeking a Microbiology Technician for its Fresno location.
A member of the Technical Services department, a food service division at Lyons Magnus, an international food and beverage manufacturer headquartered in Fresno, California. This position is responsible for support in the areas of quality assurance and related activities in a manner that supports the operations of production of the organization at the Fresno, CA plant. Schedule 7:00am-4:00pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting routine standard plating and media inoculations on raw materials, batch samples and finished product.
- Support investigations by conducting micro analysis on samples as needed by technical managers.
- Conduct assigned plating, handling and inoculating instructions on environmental samples.
- Prepare and maintain all micro medias required for all routine Lyons plate count requirements and/or requested by the Microbiology Lab Supervisor
- Conduct plate counts and record results.
- Assist in maintenance of lab equipment
- Follow all established micro lab SOPs.
- Directly communicate any micro or supply issues to the Microbiology Lab Supervisor.
- Assist with audit, challenge studies and special projects as needed.
- Maintain good laboratory and housekeeping practices
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Supports the mission, values and vision of the company.
- Maintains the best interest of Lyons Magnus first and foremost.
- Work with employees of Lyons Magnus in a positive and constructive manner to maintain a professional relationship. Demonstrates courtesy, discretion, friendliness and diplomacy.
- Works within a team environment to share information and help others as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic laboratory skills to include aseptic technique, media preparation, plating, dilutions, pipetting and swabbing.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Education and/or Experience
1 – 3 years’ experience in a laboratory environment. Quality Assurance or Microbiology laboratory preferred
Our compensation program is designed to attract, motivate, and retain the very best people. Lyons Magnus offers a comprehensive benefits plan that include: Health, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Sec. 125, 401(k) plan, and more. If you meet these requirements and are eager to join a dynamic company poised for further growth, please respond with resume.
To learn more about Lyons Magnus, LLC its products and core values, visit www.lyonsmagnus.com or follow us on Instagram or Twitter.
Lyons Magnus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
*This organization participates in E-Verify