Who We're Looking For:
Velex is currently looking for a Microwave Foreman to join our growing team. The Foreman will be responsible for performing Microwave installations as well as test, analyze and troubleshoot problems within the wireless network with minimal guidance for tasks performed. They routinely work with all outside installation contractors and departments within the company to complete work assignments on all equipment to include microwave, antennas, towers, coax cabling and associated equipment. Develop and maintain a positive company image and provide a strong example for crew members for quality, safety, and professionalism.
What You'll Do:
- Lead and manage a group of 2-3 crew members and mentor junior team members
- Follow proper safety procedures when using electrical test and communications equipment
- Evaluate the job sites and communications equipment, and secures and protects as required Knowledge of antennas and polarization patterns and factors affecting bandwidth and gain/loss of antennas and spectrums
- Familiar with Waveguide
- Follow detailed method of procedures (MOP) and practices to perform maintenance on equipment
- Interpret the alarm conditions on the network and implement repairs and restoration plans to ensure minimal service disruption and impact to customer.
- Perform antenna sweeps, frequency spectrum sweeps and maintains site configuration data using computer software and digital photography
The Qualities You Possess:
Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Being a team player in the truest sense, with an ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Actively participating as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- The ability to maintain a desired level of quality in your work, especially by means of attention to every stage of the process of delivery or production.
The Skills and Background You’ll Bring:
- Ability to climb towers 100+ feet tall, with a 50 lb. load
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, and drive or ride in a truck for long periods of time.
- Travel Requirements: Must be available to travel up to 100% for weeks at a time if required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an MVR record that classifies you as insurable if required to drive
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical if required to drive.
- 3+ years of experience in Microwave installation, path alignment, LOS survey, climbing and working on towers
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Local to market
- Sweep and PIM Certification preferred
- Experience with Microwave installation and Waveguide
- Skilled at installation, testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting network systems as they relate to equipment installation and failure
- Flexible to work shift work to include maintenance window and weekends if needed
- OSHA Safety standards certification is preferred (will provide training)
- Comtrain or Fall Rescue certification preferred (will provide training)
- ALU tower certified
Please Note: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills and due to the changing nature of the job is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice.
This position is Non-Exempt based on the FLSA laws. Our company uses E-verify and third party background check services during the hiring process.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Time Type:Full time