Alcyone is currently seeking a Mid-Level Contracts and Acquisition Analyst who will provide on-going analytical, acquisition, contracts, and administrative support to Department of Defense program. MUST HAVE CURRENT DOD ISSUED SECRET CLEARACE.
PUBLIC TRUST IS NOT A REASONABLE SUBSTITUTE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Generate and facilitate Request for Proposals (RFP), Contract Modifications, and prepare Solicitation documentation using the Uniform Contract Format. Generate Contract modifications and maintain electronic Contracting Officer Representative (COR) files. Generate Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRLs). Ensure compliance with Data Item Description (DID) and DoD contractual requirements. Analyze, assess and coordinate acquisition program documentation (Acquisition Strategy / Acquisition Plan); participates with integrated product teams to provide acquisition expertise regarding all statutory, regulatory and policy updates impacting acquisition documentation requirements including approval authority, routing and signature requirements. Prepare formal Program Management briefings and status reports using Microsoft PowerPoint. Generate and maintain complex Financial Trackers using Microsoft Excel to monitor and maintain contract and CLIN level funding on Navy ACAT programs. Follows established procedures and provides creative input on new approaches to fulfill project goals.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with contracts and acquisition management for a Major Defense Acquisition Program (MDAP).
- Experience developing RFPs, Statements of Work (SOW), Technical Instructions (TIs), Task Descriptions (TDs); Basic Ordering Agreements (BOA) and Delivery Orders; cradle to grave Contracting.
- Experience in CDRL generation and accomplishing CDRL review and administration in a program office environment.
- Assist and support all aspects of the ACAT program milestone review and approval process including required documentation
- Assist in the preparation, update, and maintenance of acquisition program and procurement documentation in accordance with DoD 5000 series and related policy documents.
- Prepare formal Program Management Office (PMO) briefings and status reports using Microsoft PowerPoint.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Requires bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and 3-7 years of related experience
- Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) training or certification in Contracting or equivalent
- Knowledge of DoD and NAVSEA 5000 series Program Acquisition Instructions.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Detail-oriented and organized, ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, VA and Washington, D.C.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Candidates must be US Citizens and have an active Secret security clearance.
Job Type: Full-time
Alcyone is a small, woman-owned business established in December 2007 and headquartered in Arlington, VA. Currently, Alcyone provides Program, Acquisition, Contracts and Business Financial Management support to various Navy Programs. Alcyone is a member of the Healthcare Information Technology Standards Committee.
Alcyone is a member of the Surface Navy Association, Military Officers Association of America, Program Management Institute, American Council for Technology/Industry Advisory Council, American Society of Military Comptrollers, and Society of Cost Estimating and Analysis.
Naomi Silver, President and CEO of Alcyone, has consulted with the Department of Defense for over 20 years. Ms. Silver is a certified Project Management Professional.
Alcyone supports environmental conservation by using recycled products, supporting telecommuting, and advocating the reduction of single-use plastic bags.
Alcyone's philanthropy efforts include the USO, Our Daily Bread, Wounded Warrior Project, the Yellow Ribbon Fund, Inc. and local athletic teams.